Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: accelorator pedal problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tagtmeyer914
i was able to defeat my stubborn l-jet system recently only to find new obstacles. a long while back, my throttle body was jammed up and i made a "not so smart move and pushed on the gas pedel" the socket piece disconnected from the ball cup piece and when reattached it keeps coming back off. does anyone have pics of how thiers looks? that piece with the ball part attached to it is bent and i didnt know if it was expensive to repalce or not. a cluster rebuild will be necessary before i get back on the road but im sure this piece isnt included. anybody else have this happen and was it easy to fix?
Jeffs9146
Pedal cluster rebuild article from PP

Part number 25 in the diagram cracks at the pivot point and should be replaced or welded

sww914
Is it #25 in the picture?
I've seen them bend before, they bend right where the pivot shaft goes through the stamped steel part. If you remove it you can bend it back, but it will probably break the weld between the shaft and the stamped piece. Just hold it square and re-weld it on the outside of the shaft.
Jeffs9146
Is it #25 in the picture?

Yep, I have had to do this on a few of my teens!

It is very hard to find one "used" that is not starting to crack so if you decide to replace it look very close at where the shaft is welded to the plate! I would rebuild the whole assembly and at least check the throtle cable to make sure everything is smooth and clean.

Some times people put too heavy of a return spring than needed when they switch to carbs adding tension to the cable.
djm914-6
Mine broke completely right at the pivot. It lasted fro a year or so with me bending it back and taking it easy on the throttle.

I gave my complete assembly to a guy to be rebuilt. He must be having a problem because it's been nine months at least.
Jeffs9146
He must be having a problem because it's been nine months at least.

WTF.gif

Nine months?? It should be a morning job unless you powder coat or paint it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.