Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My First Beetle Floorpan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I'm doing my first beetle floorpans today. Soooooo easy compared to 914 floorpans. cool.gif Now to get the replacement piece to fit... dry.gif
SirAndy
and? confused24.gif
McMark
Oh, and mueba.gif

A DANCING BANANA!!!!!!
rick 918-S
I would think with all the beetles out there you guys would just toss that chassis and get a solid one. biggrin.gif Kidding happy11.gif The beetles are easy and the pans are cheap. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
r_towle
Couple of todo items.

Measure the holes so you KNOW it lines up with the body. Loads of the aftermarket pans have hole just enough off that you will not like it.
You can use the front or back cross members as reference.
If you dont have the body there, just make sure both sides are the same...

One thing I saw that was really cool was an article in VW Trends.
They snaked new stainless fuel and brake lines through the tunnel during the restoration process. Great idea.

It was not that hard, you feed them in from the front, and you cut out one or two access panels in the tube sidewall to put in little "weld in" clamps just like the 914.

Once that is all complete, it was a slick look and all stainless.

Rich
McMark
Measure the holes so you KNOW it lines up with the body

Yup, I made a jig to hold everything in the correct place before I cut anything away. thumb3d.gif
911quest
Next time you do it for a challenge do it with the body on! It makes it a little more tricky
purple
That is really cool! I had no idea beetles were made that way. Kinda reminds me of pictures of the delorean chassis that lotus built. I know the pics of the chassis are floating around somewhere...
Futzing around with vintage VW tech (type 4 engine, 914) has me kinda thinking i could do a VW bus now. When I see a beetle, i go lookie babe, a beetle! what's wrong with me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.