Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: swap a stock 1.7 with a stock 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
Is it straight forward or do I need to think about some stuff ?
So.Cal.914
FI is the only thing I can think of.
biosurfer1
popcorn[1].gif

I'm thinking about doing the same...what do you mean about FI? Change settings?
John
When I did my 1.8 for 2.0 swap, it was straight forward (once I had all the 2.0 fuel injection parts).

It simply plugged right into the relay board. It was as easy as putting a motor in.

Did you find a 2.0 for Erik?

dflesburg
I did and it was cheap enough that if we pull the 1.7 and ebay it, it should only end up costing about $100. I think thats worth doing it. We have to take the motor out anyway to fix the hell hole.
type47
if the 2.0 motor is complete (FI to exhaust), then it's a simple unbolt-bolt in swap.
dflesburg
I need to make a check list of all the 2.0 fuel injection parts so I dont miss anything..

Could anyone help with that ?

John
The big one is the MPS. It needs to be functional and hold a vacuum. It also needs to be for the ECU that you will be using.

You will need to do some research as the components need to match.

Check out the information from Brad Anders. He has compiled a BUNCH of D-Jet information. (I wish we had all that info archived here on this board)

Brad Anders ECU page

Brad Anders D-Jet Parts Charts

I think it is a worthwhile swap.

I would re-think the e-bay deal though. If the 1.7 is a running engine, I would keep it if at all possible just in case the 2.0 dies....

I.E. the swap is 100% reversible.

Good luck with the car and post some pictures!
dflesburg
is the mps mounted on the motor or somewhere inside the engine bay?
davep
The MPS is mounted next to the battery tray on the body of the car.
Essentially, if you are doing a swap of an engine with FI, then you need the complete engine, every bit of the FI system including wire harnesses, plus the entire exhaust system including the muffler hanger.
John
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Mar 7 2008, 08:38 AM) *

is the mps mounted on the motor or somewhere inside the engine bay?

The MPS (Manifold Pressure Sensor) is typically mounted near the battery tray on a bracket welded onto the upper portion of the suspension console.

It is an aluminum can approximately the size of a coke can (but only about 3/4 as high as a coke can). It has a single hose attaching it to the intake plenum near the throttle valve.

The MPS and the ECU are matched together. (refer to Brad Anders info pages)

The 1.7 has a similar (but not interchangeable) MPS mounted in the same area (the outside appearance is identical).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.