Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Aerosol Paint / Codes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ghost
I'm looking into buying a can or two of custom mixed aerosol paint to spray my valences and rockers and was wondering if anyone had experience with this stuff.
I found a couple places that sell it fairly reasonably.
I have a 70' that I'm assuming is light ivory- repaint in original color. But the place I was checking with also lists:
White / Gray code L6832/7610/7676
Ivory code L132
Light Ivory code L131
These are listed for 1970 Porsche, maybe they're 911/912 colors?
Any of these sound familiar?
Any advice on the stuff?
I probably wouldn't go this route except its a driver and its just valences & rockers, so perfection is not an issue.
Thanks for the help!
Robert O
TimT
check Paintscratch they can mix up small aerosols cans I believe
TimT
oops read your reread your post, you already know where to buy

Paintscratch does have all the paint codes by years though.
914ghost
Yeah, thats the place I checked with- you ever use their stuff? They have those codes above listed for 1970.
I feel safe assuming mine is L131 Light Ivory, but the car its not right here now so i won't order til' I verify it.
R O
davep
If you are talking of a 914, then you must talk VW color codes. Light Ivory is L80E. Should be stamped on the Karmann paint code plate on the drivers door hinge post. The 914/6 used Porsche codes to begin with, but that confused body shops, so later they used the VW code as well. One Porsche code is 131, but the 914/6 used 1110 and was stamped as 11.

DaveP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.