Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need your prayers, Ed Ducey ( ProPricer ) had
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
neo914-6
I just got the news from Chris Julian, will update as I find out more. sad.gif

Here's Ed's signature:

Ed ( ProPricer ) Ducey

72 916-V8 ( Pro 327 / 'Tall' 901 ) Driver & 70 914-6 ( Twin-plugged Euro 2.7 / 901 LSD ) Racer

30 year PCA member since 1st race at Laguna Seca in 1976

Author of the '914-V8 Conversion Reference Manual' ... for more info, email me at ... ed.ducey@gmail.com
SirAndy
noooo ... huh.gif

hang in there Ed!
smilie_wirdgut.gif Andy
jimkelly
if it is not one thing - it is another - wishing you the absolute best - jim
Allan
Done...
VaccaRabite
Good luck man!
Zach
KaptKaos
Prayers sent.
Dr Evil
Good luck, that sux
type47fan
Terrible news!

Thinking of you, Ed. . . .
Katmanken
Wishing Ed the best possible outcome....

As for the rest of you that have acid reflux (aka GERD), get in to the doctor and have your esophagus scoped out....

Ken
roadster fan
Done...fight the fight!

Jim
michaelt55
As Ken has stated, reflux is serious so get it checked...(working the Emergency Room so believe me.....)

Good luck Ed..I wish you the best and a speedy recovery...

Michael
rick 918-S
Wow! huh.gif Let us know how it goes!
StratPlayer
Good luck Ed, I hope all goes well and your back on your feet in no time.
davep
Our best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Eric_Shea
Beaucoup prayers Ed.
Lou W
Consider it done. smile.gif
Gint
Here's a bump for ED. He's a teener so he's already got a leg up.
GWN7
All the best Ed
boxstr
Ed is one of the good guys, who gave to the 914 community. Prayers are with you Ed.
CCL
BMXerror
Good vibrations sent your direction, Ed.
Mark D.
70Sixter
More prayers from NC.
neo914-6
I spoke to Chris today who got this info from Lawrence, a closer friend to Ed. Ed's surgery was completed but he developed pneumonia so he's still in ICU. Chris and I will update the status as soon as we hear more. We don't know any of Ed's family so we rely on Lawrence. Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming.

FYI, Lawrence and Ed worked together on "Ultima" US car sales and service until a couple of years ago. You may have seen the Bauer sponsored Ultima at tracks or the PartsHeaven meet...
rick 918-S
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Felix.
neo914-6
Since our source was not active, I went ahead and called his cell and believe his wife answered. All she could say was that he as still in the ICU and is showing some improvement. She expects he'll be there for another couple of weeks. She was very appreciative knowing alot of us are pulling for him and would let him know that...
krazykonrad
Thoughts and prayers.
Konrad
jtummine
Click to view attachment

I am Ed Ducey's daughter (Jennifer) and stopped by to thank you all for your kind thoughts and tremendous support. My dad absolutely loved participating in these blogs and had a true passion for Porsche's and buying / selling parts and authoring his first "how-to" Porsche V8 book.

As you may know, my dad was diagnosed with stage 3 - Esophageal Cancer in Sept '07 as a result of having acid reflux for years. He bravely completed his lengthy chemo / radiation treatments from Oct-Jan and took some time to recover before having his thoracic surgery in early March. The surgery was supposed to take 6-8 hrs, but complications occurred and his surgery ended up taking 13+ hrs. He has the best possible care with stanford residents and a great doctor. Although my dad has now been in ICU for 16 days and hasn't woken from the surgery two weeks ago and is still listed in critical condition and unable to breath on his own, he is an absolute fighter and knew going into this surgery that he had a long road ahead to recovery in order to extend his life. This was his choice and he was eager to face the challenge and get on with his life.

Just this past week, he started to regain some inner strength after having a trach on Wed. They expect him to be in the ICU for another 3 weeks as his progress continues.

Please keep my dad in your prayers. My sister and I have filled my dad's ICU room with many pics of him with his treasured Porsche's and family photos. We love him dearly and are by his side always. I will be filling his room later today with print out's of all your kind thoughts of encouragement.

Feel free to email me directly if you would like to include a note to my dad (Porsche 914 pics & V8's are always welcome!).

Thank you again for all your support, it means a lot to our whole family!

Best,

Jennifer Tumminelli
jennifer@jennifertumminelli.com
Eric_Shea
KEEP FIGHTING ED!

You've got a great family by your side and a great big extended family here pulling for ya!!

Thanks for the update Jennifer.

More prayers coming your way.
sean_v8_914
our thoughts are with you Ed
messix
rest and heal Ed. your gonna have to make it up here to Seattle to be with us in july for WCR2008.
boxstr
Ed we plan to see you in Seattle this year, and don't say no. Love you man.
Craig C. Laughlin
rick 918-S
Thank you for taking the time away from your family to post the update Jennifer. Send our best wishes to your dad and family.
Gint
agree.gif Thanks Jennifer. Please tell your dad that we're here thinking about him and wishing only the best for him and your family.
Joe Bob
Good to hear he's on the upswing....
KaptKaos
More prayers sent! Keep fighting Ed!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Beanie Boy @ Mar 22 2008, 11:56 AM) *

Good to hear he's on the upswing....

agree.gif

Evil Surgeon Generals Warning: Dont let chronic heart burn go unchecked!

Ed is facing some serious complications from this, indeed. Hang in there, pal.
neo914-6
Here's the thread for Ed's hosting our V8 club at the Ultima shop...

Stay strong Ed!!!
jtummine
Thanks again everyone for your kind wishes. I printed all your kind words and read them to my dad today during our easter visit today and taped them up on his wall.

My family was touched by knowing of this thread. I will continue to print and read them to him.

Thank you all!
Jennifer (Ed Ducey's daughter)
Pnambic
Hang in there Ed! You can pull through this.

I'm really pulling for you too....on a personal level. I too have Gerd - found out when my then 4 month old was diagnosed and they looked at my wife and me and said it was likely it came from one of us. Yeah, it was me. They said they only found minimal signs of Barrett's syndrome when they did the scope but did their level best to scare me into changing my eating habits to get me healed. Been working hard to keep it in check with the little purple pills and "corrected" diet and all, but I know its still there.

Sounds like you've got some good hospital care, great docs and some really outstanding family by your side helping you get better, so get to it.

- Dan

neo914-6
keep up the good thoughts... icon_bump.gif
kart54
Ed and family,
Hang in there. your one of the good guys. We need more like you.

Randy,
Kart54
jtummine
Click to view attachment

After 22 days in the ICU and still in critical condition due to suffering a hypoxic brain injury during his esophageal cancer reconstruction surgery, my dad awoke for the first time since his surgery yesterday.

He is still in what appears to be the beginning stages of coming out of a coma, but his vital signs are stable and getting better as the docs slowly wean him off the life support system.

I shared family pics and read to him your supportive emails so thank you all for all your tremendous support.

"Remember, tough times don't last...tough people do!"

Thanks again!

Jennifer Tumminelli (Ed Ducey's daughter)

KELTY360
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know. Here's wishing the best for a full recovery.

piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Gint
smilie_pokal.gif That's fantastic Jennifer!
markb
Good news! Hang in there, Ed!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 28 2008, 04:48 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif That's fantastic Jennifer!

agree.gif

bye1.gif Andy
rick 918-S
Very exciting news. Thanks for sharing with us! It sounds like he has the best of care.
jtummine
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

My dad (Ed Ducey, aka "Propricer") medical update:

Its now Day 27 and my dad is still listed in critical condition in the ICU and on life support. He was making progress last week after awaking slightly 3 weeks after his surgery.

This week he suffered a set back with a new infection and has been put back into heavy sedation to get control of his stats.

It’s such a helpless feeling, watching someone you love fight this disease. I believe cancer, caught early is treatable, beatable and educational.

My dad got his cancer from having years of acid reflux. Like many, he nor I didn't know that esophageal cancer was the fastest growing cancer for people who have acid reflux. Did you??

My dad's kids & grandkids have joined together in honor of my dad and will ride 100 miles under the "Eddie's Angels" family bike team banner in San Jose on July 13th in the Lance Armstrong Livestrong Challenge. Yep, I said...100 miles!!

I am committed to raising $2,500. I’m doing this because one in three people will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. I’m doing this for my dad, who has become one of those three. I'm doing this because if we had known more about cancer, we would have done more to help him prevent it.

If you would like to support my me & my dad's kids/grandkids in our effort to bring awareness and research to the 10 million Americans living with cancer, please donate online at our family team page at:

http://sanjose08.livestrong.org/*/eddiesangels

Anything you can give will be greatly appreciated and is going to a worthy cause!

Thank you for your friendship and support. Keep my dad in your thoughts & prayers!

Jennifer Tumminelli
Chris Julian
Guys,

I received a call from Lawrence Farmer today and the news was not good.

As of 3PM today Ed was to be "on his own" with no life support assistance.

Sorry to say Ed Ducey past @ 5:30 PM today.

I've been in the dark as most of us have so I don't have many more details. I will post again when I hear about the service.

Thanks for all your help and support Ed, I will miss you.

Chris Julian
KaptKaos
Sad news.

Our prayers go out to Ed's family.

God speed.
rick 918-S
Very sad to hear read this. sad.gif Thoughts for his family.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.