Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need suggestions on Targa top side seals intallation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
levonfarra
I am trying to install the window side seals on the targa top, and they are very hard to slide on, I have sprayed silicon lube and wd40 and it is still very hard. Is there some secret to installing those. Please advise.

Thanks,

Levon
1970 Neun vierzehn
Lev,
Years ago I used a coating of liquid hand soap (Ivory I recall) to lubricate the seals where they slid into the targa roof channel. Same technique makes fastening wood screws easier as well, just a little dab makes running long screws into joists and studs a breeze.

Paul
levonfarra
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 8 2008, 08:35 PM) *

Lev,
Years ago I used a coating of liquid hand soap (Ivory I recall) to lubricate the seals where they slid into the targa roof channel. Same technique makes fastening wood screws easier as well, just a little dab makes running long screws into joists and studs a breeze.

Paul

Paul, thanks for the great idea. The second side slid on in 1 minute. I have been struggling with the first one for hours.

Lev
VaccaRabite
Liquid soap helps a ton.

I don't know that I would call it a breeze, but very very helpful.

I ended up grabbing the bottom of mine with some plyers and gently pulling from the bottom while pushing from the top. That made it go pretty easy.

Zach
koozy
I use graphited lock fluid. Works wonders for me. (your results may vary)
Katmanken
Ivory soap makes a wonderful lube...

They even use it in surgical devices as a biocompatable lube.

A little water from a spraybottle can help too...

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.