Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dunkel Bros Swap Feb 1st
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Malmz
Anybody going that is going to have a vending space with a little room? I just have some Panos to sell and some stickers, so I just need a little table. Will of course chip in.

Last year they took donations of $20 for a space.

sm
Brad Roberts
Yep. I'm in. You can "sit" with us. I "plan" to have a 914club eazy-up next to my parts area.

I'll also be taking "parts requests" new and used for delivery to the event (or the day before).

Crew cab and enclosed trailer if I end up with enough parts to warrant taking the trailer.

B
Malmz
Cool. Thanks Brad.

I don't have to die my hair, do I?

sm
Gint
Hey Steve,

What are you doing Saturday before Dunkle's? I'm comin out.
Brad Roberts
I'm going to visit a full tube chassis 996 Porsche DRAG CAR.. turbo 4cyl engine in the REAR (on Saturday)

Oh.. Steve.. no need to die hair..

But I do need a place that can make me a EZ-up banner (914CLUB)

B
boxstr
I have a table , will probably get an extra one Sat at the Lit meet. Let me know if anyone needs a spot. It can be auto parts, small ones that are new or very clean.
CCLINLAJAN31
Gint
You coming down to Craig? Cool! Jim too?
Malmz
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 12 2004, 10:35 PM)
Hey Steve,

What are you doing Saturday before Dunkle's? I'm comin out.

I'm not that kind of guy! Good to hear your comfortable letting everybody know that though... laugh.gif .

Actually, Saturday's open but we have a small surprise B-day party for Jay (no, he's not on the list though he has a 914...). Your welcome to join though I'm in the boonies compared to the swap.

sm
Gint
I don't use this very often, and I usually reserve it for Z, but... finger.gif wink.gif
boxstr
Not sure about Jim. I will be down on Friday staying at the LAX Hilton. Vegas Racer(John Peterson ) is trying to get off work he may be there if he can.
Staying over for the Dunkles meet. Would like to go to the donation event at Dunkles Saturday evening, looks like it might be fun.
Check http://www.carbuffs4kids.org/ more information.
CCLINLALALAND
Malmz
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 12 2004, 10:38 PM)

Let me think about that. We don't normally do banners, but may have some other cool options.

I should talk to Dan and bring a bunch of take-offs, but don't really want to do the big truck/trailer thing myself this time. BTW, Dan opened his own separate shop in the Valley. It's huge... two story (bays on both stories since it is built on a hill), showroom, tons of storage.

sm
boxstr
Congrats Mike LA is probably the place for comin out. I'll take care of this finger.gif
CCLINFABFIVE
Gint
Bastards! wub.gif
Brad Roberts
Mike, if there ever was a post you should edit.. I think it should be the "comin out" post...LOL

B
Gint
I can handle these jokers. sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif
campbellcj
Crap...I need to decide if I'm gonna blow off the 1st POC event of the season, or do Dunkels.

I know what I am leaning towards....Dunkels is one of my favorite events of the year around here. There is just so much cool shit there that you don't see at your typical PCA concours or Pomona swap types of meets. boldblue.gif
Malmz
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 12 2004, 11:00 PM)
Crap...I need to decide if I'm gonna blow off the 1st POC event of the season, or do Dunkels.

I know what I am leaning towards....Dunkels is one of my favorite events of the year around here. There is just so much cool shit there that you don't see at your typical PCA concours or Pomona swap types of meets. boldblue.gif

That and you have that history of stalking Seinfeld... he'll be looking for you...
Malmz
As always, don't forget about going to Sammy's favorite Pizza place close to there around noon to one. Enough time to zip home and watch most of the Superbowl.

sm
Malmz
Hey Ginter, you driving or flying? Wifie in tote?

sm
Gint
Truck and trailer in tow, no wifie.
drew365
Chris; Post some pics of Dunkels. I'm going to Willow, I'll do the same.
No dyed hair! Brad and Andy must be getting....er maturing. lol2.gif
mightyohm
I am pretty sure I will be going and meeting up with one or two other 914 guys on the way down. Sounds like fun. Will miss Brad's hair from last time. I think that was the first time I ever met Brad. wub.gif
Joe Bob
I'll be wearing my leather aviator helmet.....will that help?
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 12 2004, 10:38 PM)
I'm going to visit a full tube chassis 996 Porsche DRAG CAR.. turbo 4cyl engine in the REAR (on Saturday)

B

Brad,
can this viewing of the 996 Drag Car be a public event, or are you the only one invited?

What size should the Banner be?
campbellcj
QUOTE(drew365 @ Jan 13 2004, 08:43 AM)
Chris; Post some pics of Dunkels. I'm going to Willow, I'll do the same.

Andy -- Will do, if I stick to that plan....not sure yet. Based on the '03 season, I would be almost definitely throwing away the STS championship possibilities if I skip the event. Plus it is a much shorter season this year.

I have actually been thinking seriously about laying low on the track events until I can finish up some of the remaining safety & reliability mods on my car. Some of the recent threads on the Rennlist Racing forum etc. got me thinking... idea.gif

Steve -- "No Comment". Please direct any inquiries re. "Mr. J.S." or his alleged Porsche® car collection to my attorneys. lol2.gif
Rgreen914
Brad

You said "parts requests"...? What exactly does that mean; is there some sort of limit to the scope or number of parts you can supply? I realize that this question is somewhat vague, but I would like to know how to formulate a "request", based on parameters you might set.
Britain Smith
I believe he is referring to people who are interested in parts and don't want to have to deal with the shipping crap. Since he is headed that way for Dunkels, he can bring parts down in his truck.

-Britain
Brad Roberts
I have a crew cab and a enclosed trailer. What I normally do is collect parts requests and deliver them to the event (or the day before).

I actually wanted to eat at Hooters instead of the Pizza place (Zito's) this year.

B
bernbomb914
Brad do you have any bearing shells for the directional air flap that go on the shaft?( for the oil cooler)

Bernie
Mike D.
Brad, Do you think you can close the deal on the Bils and Konis before Dunkles? I'd love to pick mine up, save on shipping (CSOB...).

-Mike D.
Brad Roberts
Yes. As long as everyone is happy with the pricing.

B
Malmz
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 14 2004, 10:14 AM)

I actually wanted to eat at Hooters instead of the Pizza place (Zito's) this year.

I'm not sure that there is one that is close.

sm
seanery
Hooters of Anaheim
2438 E Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92806
714-634-9464
Joe Bob
They serve food at Hooters?
boxstr
Yes Chicken Breast Sandwich, and Iced tea.
CCLINBACKWITH914-8
Bleyseng
Chris, I miss the posts with the shots of the Jerry S collection cars. You still are stalking him?

Geoff
Malmz
Coolio, Hooters in Anahiem!

sm
Joe Bob
We need a new pic to screw into the wall.....
Red-Beard
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 13 2004, 09:04 AM)
I'll be wearing my leather aviator helmet.....will that help?

I'll be wearing hip waders, for all the bullshit....

givemebeer.gif

I should have the new wife in tow...
Aaron Cox
do you just show up, or do you need to register?
is there a website w/ info bout this event?
Malmz
http://www.carbuffs4kids.org
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.