Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle, Tacoma or Olympia, WA PPI?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeelnToe
I'm new here, but close to taking my first leap into 914 ownership. I'm looking at a car tomorrow and as long as it doesn't turn out to be a rust-bucket, I'd like to have a good Porsche mechanic take a look at it.

Does anyone know of a good place to do a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) in the south Puget Sound area?

Jeff
Gary
Pete Bristow's place (Bristow's Automotive) is very good. Had a chain tensioner go south on my -6 and he did me right. He's active in PCA and SCCA stuff in this area. Has done PPIs for folks in the past. Last I was in to have the oil changed on the Armada he was prepping an S2000 for autocross and had a super 7 clone with a blown ford 4 cylinder on a lift.
mstein95
Try Dave at Triad (Olympia) 1-360-412-8021

Triad
HeelnToe
Thanks, guys. Any other suggestions? I've got a call into both of those guys about an appointment, but nothing back yet.

I basically want to get a compression test done and get the car up on a lift so that I can get a look underneath. Ideally it's someone with knowledge of 914s, too.
mstein95
I've also had work done at Northwest Foreign Auto (Lacey/Olympia). Not sure if they do PPIs. They are mainly a VW shop but they can probably do the job.

Northwest Foreign Auto
6725 Martin Way E Olympia, WA 98516-5541
(360) 491-3352
HeelnToe
Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I called all three shops, and Pete from Bristow's Automotive is actually going to come with me to check out the car. He's not doing it for free, of course, and we won't be able to get it up on a lift, but since the current owner wasn't willing to drive it 30 minutes into Tacoma for me, I figure this is a pretty good compromise.

Wish me luck. If all goes well, I might be doing my first Auto-X this spring!

Jeff
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
few parked cars in tacoma escape my eyes. if it is an orange 72- and the owner lives off waller road don't waste your money on a ppi. why an owner wouldn't be willing to drive 25 minutes in hopes of selling a car would make me suspect. esp since it might be the last drive.

k
championgt1
agree.gif If it is the orange car on waller road it has been for sale for quite some time. I stopped one day and took a brief look at it. At that time they wanted $3500 and it was a basket case.
HeelnToe
The car is actually in Olympia, not Tacoma, so I think it's a different car.
Gary
Wow. It's cool that Pete will cruise down to Olympia with you. I hope the PPI goes well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.