Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of my new car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
project914
Hi,

Yesterday I bought a 74 2.0 from the original owner. I has documented service history for 333,000 miles!
IPB Image

Last month, I bought this 1970 1.7. It's #979.
IPB Image

There are plenty more pics and some details on project914.com

cheers,
dug
Michael N
I met the owner of the 74 Marathon Blue car the other day at the Valero gas station in Los Gatos by my house on Monday just before he posted the car. I was tempted to buy it from him before he posted it on Craigslist but I absolutely do not need another car. Nice guy who owned it from new and took nice care of it. He even had complete documents going back from new. It was nice to see a car with that many miles on it not beat to hell. It didn't even have the slightest of door dings and gaps were nice as well.

Nice score on the car.
dug
Thanks! I'm really happy with it. He hadn't been driving it much in the recent year. The warm-up idle is low and the off-idle accel is rough. Once warmed up it runs very well. Power is stock but all there. I have the last D-Jetronic tester coming this week from entropycat. I can't wait to see if my best hunches about what is wrong will be correct after all the cars I've had and mis-diagnosed. I usually get it on the second try and/or usually there are multiple problems:)

I have a set of SSI boxes and a triad muffler on the way. I also have 3 Mahle's. I'm going to get a fourth, at parts-heaven if I have to (anyone bay area have a 4th?), and fresh tires and it will a great drivable 333k miles car. Man I can't stand those steelies:) Favorite hot street tires these days anyone?

Over the next few months, I'll be swapping out the perfect backpad, seats and dash from my 1970, which came with a late interior, as I have an early interior to put in it. And I'll get come new carpet.

Are there any opinions on the AppBiz and Appearance and Performance ebay guys? I'm under the impression that Pelican sells AppBiz stuff, so it must not be bad. Any CWs want to tell me where I'm "supposed" to get my carpets:) Not that I really care, as long as it looks clean and relatively original.

In my first 914, I had the centers of the seats done in black/white houndtooth. It looks sweet, but after a few 914 adventures, the drivers seat especially started to look dirty. The seats from the 70 have a tough black burlap-y material in the centers. Comfy and tough. They aren't original, but they're cool.

cheers,
dug
dug
Oh, and the bumpers and rockers need a fresh coat of black somethin' bad! Wurth Satin Black is the stuff right?

dug
jonferns
Hey Dug, great looking cars! Love the Pedrinis on the red car. I also need to paint my bumpers, rockers and valances. I'm not 100% sure, but the bumpers appear to be a different black from the rockers and valances, at least on my car. I've heard to use Wurth Satin Black on the rockers, but what about the bumpers?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.