Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German/Japanese Half-Breed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
root
I slammed a bunch of junk parts together (seat, forks, tank, and bars) from a 1983 Honda V45 to get some kind of a preview of what this beast will look like if I ever finish! welder.gif
Click to view attachment
(Dellorto's donated by J.Kelly for the mockup!) biggrin.gif
scotty b
I've been waiting to see this. Killer !! aktion035.gif
scotty b
What is the swingarm from?
sww914
You can't post that here. We're here to stifle creativity, not encourage it.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif That looks cool! I can't wait to see your solutions to some of the obvious challenges.
root
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 9 2008, 03:21 PM) *

What is the swingarm from?

Swingarm is "coostum" I made it out of 2x4 square steel tubing. It's detailed in my blog.
championgt1
Sweet!!! That looks great. That will make people take a second look. aktion035.gif
dw914er
now that is how you solve the problem of reaching the valves for a tune up lol

sick bike! aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
How ya gunna cool it?
root
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 9 2008, 03:37 PM) *

How ya gunna cool it?

Prolly a big-ass oil cooler in the front, and then drive real FAST all the time!

The other fun challenge's are clutch linkage, alternator location, shift linkage, Virginia registration, insurance, and convincing my wife that it's safe to hop on the back and hold-on!

jimkelly
at first i could not picture it 0 but now i can biggrin.gif
root
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Mar 9 2008, 03:46 PM) *

at first i could not picture it 0 but now i can biggrin.gif

Are you suggesting I go with Ape Hangers?
okieflyr
A drive sprocket on each output flange + Two chains= limited slip!

popcorn[1].gif

Dr Evil
Nice pic, Jim av-943.gif Is that his wife on the back, or a stunt double? smile.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Root, it would not be to hard to manipulate the inside spider gears so you can use the single out put from one side. Or, you could weld the spider gears and use two out put chains, why you would want to I dont know.
JmuRiz
Cool looking project root...really had no idea you had sportbikes you were working on either (looked in your blog). Maybe whenever I get time to get mine up and running we could take a ride.
Jake Raby
I helped one customer build a pair of bikes like this.. One supercharged, the other N/A and 2600cc

He didn't need any cooling system at all with either of them... I have pics somewhere!
His name was Bud Burkey

Here is a link
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/11/...red-motorcycle/
McMark
Nice mockup. Git'er'done!
Twise
Nice...
Joe Bob
I like it....that should kill the this thread.... aktion035.gif

I used to have friend that bolted a T4 into a beemer bike. Thing screamed.....
rick 918-S
Cool link Jake. I like this one.
scotty b
Anyone see that biker buildoff where they took 8 or so of the builders and put them in a building in the desert to see what they would come up with ?

I've

got

an

idea...................... idea.gif
purple
interesting...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 12 2008, 04:39 PM) *

Anyone see that biker buildoff where they took 8 or so of the builders and put them in a building in the desert to see what they would come up with ?

I've

got

an

idea...................... idea.gif

idea.gif assimilate.gif
roadster fan
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 12 2008, 03:01 AM) *

Cool link Jake. I like this one.

agree.gif I wub.gif that one

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.