Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My GT Conversion Nearing Completion...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Twise
Well I worked all day yesterday and some of today to get the rockers, valances and bumpers mounted. Here are some pictures...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Twise
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
McMark
Love it all! wub.gif

That's looking GREAT!!!
minndodger
Wow. Very nice work. smilie_pokal.gif
carr914
Very Nice

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif That looks amazing. Your car is going to be very nice when finished.

Curious, why the dynamat? Couldn't it cause problems if rain ever gets in there, and isn't it heavy?
Dr. Roger
What, no pics of the radiator? dry.gif

aktion035.gif av-943.gif

Twise
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 10 2008, 11:19 AM) *

drooley.gif That looks amazing. Your car is going to be very nice when finished.

Curious, why the dynamat? Couldn't it cause problems if rain ever gets in there, and isn't it heavy?

I got rid of the ugly inner liner in the engine bay - They never look good. The dynamat is for heat and sound proofing. It really isnt that heavy, and I plan on adding one more layer.

Thanks to all for the compliments...
PeeGreen 914
Cool, I know you know more about what you're doing than I do. Love the work. Can't wait to see it finished.
Joe Owensby
Beautiful car. thanks for sharing photos. JoeO
LarryR
Very Sweet! Do you have any shots of that exhaust from under the car? Looks sweet the way it is coming out there.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Trev,
Looking extremely nice. thumb3d.gif The rear valence is particularly cool. You gotta target date for completion, or is it "done when it's done"?

Paul
championgt1
Very nice indeed! What color is that? drooley.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Mar 10 2008, 06:56 PM) *

What color is that? drooley.gif

Betcha it's L20E, aka "signal orange". Reminds me of the GTs that ran at the 'Ring Marathon in August 1970. Good color on a 914.

Paul
sixgt
Looks like tangerine to me.
Twise
QUOTE(LarryR @ Mar 10 2008, 07:27 PM) *

Very Sweet! Do you have any shots of that exhaust from under the car? Looks sweet the way it is coming out there.

I will post one - next time I have it in the air. Been meaning to take some anyway.

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 10 2008, 07:44 PM) *

Trev,
Looking extremely nice. thumb3d.gif The rear valence is particularly cool. You gotta target date for completion, or is it "done when it's done"?

Paul

Soon, but not soon enough. Keep finding things I wanna make better. Like: "man, I cant put them seats in with those screwed up adjusters", or "damn, where is that friggin vent channel adjuster?" (thanks sean) Its a process, but I am not rushing it. I was, but then I got hold of myself.

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Mar 10 2008, 07:56 PM) *

Very nice indeed! What color is that? drooley.gif

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 10 2008, 08:12 PM) *

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Mar 10 2008, 06:56 PM) *

What color is that? drooley.gif

Betcha it's L20E, aka "signal orange". Reminds me of the GTs that ran at the 'Ring Marathon in August 1970. Good color on a 914.

Paul

L20E is where I started. The cars original color was L20E. However, when you are going from a single stage to a two stage you have to eyeball the match - no formula from glasurit for the L20E in two stage. I brightened it up a bit, not much, but a bit. The biggest change is clear coat. This is the cars second complete paint job. Last time I was happy with the color, but with the flares and all I figured it needed a little POW. You guys should see it in the sun. BAM. I am real happy with it. All the trim is blacked out, which makes it just that much more orange.
9146FAN
Great looking machine, prolly a real screamer too.
BTW, Great Color!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.