Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Are My Temp Sender and Fuel Sender Codes?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver six
Just dropped my guage off at Palo Alto Speedo. But to properly calibrate my fuel gauge and my temp guage they need my sender codes.

1. Does anyone know what the fuel tank sender code is on a 1970 914-6? It's a number located on the disc part of the sender and it is separated by a slash (e.g. xxx/xxxx)?

2. Does anyone know what the temp sender code is on a 1984 Carrera 3.2 liter (engine code 930/21)? This code is also a number separated by a slash (e.g. xxx/xxxx)?

In the alternative, what do I have to do to get visual access to the fuel sender (I believe its at the bottom of the tank) and where would I find the temp sender on the engine?

Thanks much in advance.

Douglas
bernbomb914
remove the overflow tank (2 bolts) it is on the top of the tank simple job

Bernie driving.gif
silver six
Thanks Berie. You were right. The job was easy. Getting to the temp guague on the 3.2 was a little harder but luckily I have a cut away panel in my firewall that gets me access to the engine.

These sender codes are important if you are having work done on your guagues and the shop needs to know what sort of senders you have. If anyone is interested the sender codes are:

1. VDO fuel sender 1970 914-6 (914-4 is likely the same): 21/263
2. VDO temp sender VDO 1984 911 (engine code 930/21): 801/7/4

Douglas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.