Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
I am getting ready to get my car back on the road very soon. I talked to my insurance company, and they said that I needed to have it appraised in order to get comprehensive collision insurance at a guaranteed replacment value. I intend to drive it a moderate amount, so the collectors or show car insurnce that some people use won't work. I wanted to get enough insurance to replace it if stolen or torn up by being hit by someone else who has little or no insurance. I have replaced almost every wear item, rubber, upholstery, engine, bearing, paint, etc. on the car, so I have a quite lot invested in parts alone. I will post some pictures soon. Does anyone know of an appropriate appraiser in the Greenville, SC area?

Thanks, JoeO
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Mar 10 2008, 03:27 PM) *

I am getting ready to get my car back on the road very soon. I talked to my insurance company, and they said that I needed to have it appraised in order to get comprehensive collision insurance at a guaranteed replacment value. I intend to drive it a moderate amount, so the collectors or show car insurnce that some people use won't work. I wanted to get enough insurance to replace it if stolen or torn up by being hit by someone else who has little or no insurance. I have replaced almost every wear item, rubber, upholstery, engine, bearing, paint, etc. on the car, so I have a quite lot invested in parts alone. I will post some pictures soon. Does anyone know of an appropriate appraiser in the Greenville, SC area?

Thanks, JoeO

we could do it but of course need to see it in the flesh!
GWN7
Ask your insurance company for a list. They should be able to recommend someone. If not, check with local car clubs. Street rod guys go thru this all the time too and their guys are usually "Car" guys.
smooth_eddy
Check out Hagerty. I pay $125/yr for full coverage and $12K in coverage. The 3 conditions are: car must be stored in a locked garage, no under 25 y/o drivers and it must be a second car that is not driven to work.

Eddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.