Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who sells upholstery kits (for one seat)?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wanna9146
I'm trying to find an upholstery kit for my '71 drivers seat. Anyone have a source who sells these individually?
Joe Owensby
I think Auto Atlanta sells individual covering kits.

I had both of my seats covered by a local upholstery shop for about $400. They look great. I decided to have a fabric covering instead of the vinyl so they would be more comfortable.
Wanna9146
Only the driver's seat is messed up. Not sure if a local shop will be able to match the material(?), and I don't want to re-do the entire interior, as the rest of it is almost perfect.

On the other hand...fabric inserts would be nice, but I still have wear/tear on both driver's bolsters... confused24.gif
johannes
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Mar 10 2008, 08:32 PM) *

Only the driver's seat is messed up. Not sure if a local shop will be able to match the material(?), and I don't want to re-do the entire interior, as the rest of it is almost perfect.

On the other hand...fabric inserts would be nice, but I still have wear/tear on both driver's bolsters... confused24.gif

Check the Autoatlanta catalogue. You can buy only the part you need: Bolster, cushion, backrest are sold separatelly

http://www.autoatlanta.com/2007AutoAtlanta914Catalog.pdf

Page 105
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we have the original factory naugahyde unique to the 71 models
Wanna9146
Cool. Thanks.

What is different about the '71 interior? I know my car is a '71, but I have no idea if the interior has been "swapped-out" sometime in the past. Wouldn't want to order the wrong pieces. Interior appears to be smooth black naugahyde.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Mar 11 2008, 07:45 AM) *

Cool. Thanks.

What is different about the '71 interior? I know my car is a '71, but I have no idea if the interior has been "swapped-out" sometime in the past. Wouldn't want to order the wrong pieces. Interior appears to be smooth black naugahyde.

the 71 is unique in that Porsche made a deal that one year with the makers of naugahyde to provide the vinyl for the interiors. Where all of the other years are BASICALLY smooth outers with basketweave inserts, the 71 was all wide grained smooth throughout except for the dash face which remained the traditional basket weave.
Four different vinyl trim styles were used in 914s: 70, 71, 72-74, and 75-76
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.