Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suprize pic...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mugs914
I was up on Palomar Mountain this past weekend camping with a bunch of buds and cruising some great back roads. Sunday afternoon my buddy Tony and I were dogging a couple of bikes down the South Grade when I saw a guy with a huge camera right at the entrance to a left-hander. He shot the two bikes, then shot us as we went by. So I went searching the net that night to see if I could find this guy's pics posted anywhere. This is what I found:

http://kneedownphotos.smugmug.com/

The guy's name is Scott Craven and he goes up on the mountain every weekend and shoots the bikes (That's a lot of pics, by the way) and cool cars that are up there running the hill. He posts them on his site and sells the pics. BTW- typical disclaimer, don't know the guy, not affiliated, yada yada...

But yeah, I bought mine... biggrin.gif It's always fun to run the hills, but how often do you get a souvenir?
Toast
Cool!
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
Tom
That's really cool that this guy is doing this. Wish he had been doing it in the late 70's when I used to take my 75 RD-350 up there. Don Vesco's shop had done some engine work for me and that thing was fast. Used to embarass a lot of more expensive bikes with that little rocket. Not too many bikes up there back then.
I had a friend set up his camera on Pomarado road in San Diego and take a few for me back then. Still have them. Another good ride was Lakeside to Ramona on 67, then on up to Julian. This was all back in the 70's , so don't know whaat it is like now. Ah, memories. Would never attempt those things today. Oh yea, Ortega highway was a nice day ride too.
Tom
BMXerror
That's cool! Did you tell the guy that it was you in the car?
Mark D.
Joe Bob
Didja lower yer seat or is your passenger that tall?
Mugs914
Well, I sit pretty low and he's that tall, and a little over 300 lbs.! Changes the handling a wee bit...
Mugs914
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Mar 11 2008, 05:43 PM) *

That's cool! Did you tell the guy that it was you in the car?
Mark D.

Yup, told him I saw him taking the shot and searched until I found his site...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.