Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is that thing stock?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
HeelnToe
I'm looking at a 914 tomorrow, and it will be my first. I've gotten some pictures from the owner, and cannot identify the thing on the dashboard over the HVAC controls. He says it's a map light, but I've never seen one of these before. Is this thing a factory option or something? I've searched here but haven't found any info in the forums. Thoughts?

IPB Image
pin31
Looks like a map light, although not a factory option for 914's (maybe 911?).

Shifter boot and speakers are not original either.

Rear window de-fogger is rather rare.
JeffBowlsby
Check out this map light (item f) from page 4 of a University Porsche Audi Brochure 1972:

A dealer accessory....but I think they would market any accessory they thought would sell. I seriously doubt it was a Porsche part.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(HeelnToe @ Mar 11 2008, 06:12 PM) *

I'm looking at a 914 tomorrow, and it will be my first. I've gotten some pictures from the owner, and cannot identify the thing on the dashboard over the HVAC controls. He says it's a map light, but I've never seen one of these before. Is this thing a factory option or something? I've searched here but haven't found any info in the forums. Thoughts?

IPB Image

The maplight was definitely not Factory - probably dealer. But I wouldn't let that scare me away. If the rest of the car is as nice as the interior.

BTW, the steering wheel has been reskinned (fairly nice job) and there is a major piece of carpeting either missing or bogus on the drivers side. The cocoa mat on the drivers side is apparently covering no factory carpeting, becase the pedal board is fully exposed, and should be covered by carpet.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.