Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: motor value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
a type4 2056 with Raby 9550 cam, 96mm KB pistons, 96mm Mahle cylinders, align bored case, oil galley plugs threaded, crank checked, balanced and polished. Fly wheel lightened to 12#s, and balanced as unit with pressure plate and fan.
Heads completely rebuilt with new seats, new SS valves, new guides, new HD springs, new keepers
MPS adjusted, all tin bead blasted and painted, all new hoses, lines, new Bosch Blue coil, new trigger points.

IF I do an MFI 6 conversion, this motor will become available. One season of AX and 3-4 track days.
Probably a total of 1500-2000 miles.

this would be sold complete with clutch, PP, flywheel

Eurorace headers with stub pipes, turbo street muffler and straight race muffler.

all you would need is a car to bolt it into.
Joe Bob
Well there's a Jake motor going for 7K..... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=81176
DanT
mine is not quite that exotic, and mine is not a *Jake* motor, just has some of his components.

but it runs very nicely. smile.gif

ask a certain driver of a '65 911 with a Jerry Woods 2.0L S motor with 170HP at the wheels biggrin.gif at Laguna in December
rhodyguy
a great looking plug and play unit with all the goodys, nicely broken in with good comp and leak down #s, no leaks, 6K?

k
ericread
To start off the bidding, I will offer $500.00 CASH, right now! biggrin.gif
newto914s
what were the temps like on the track, head and oil? did it have an external oil cooler?
Thanks
Jake Raby
Should be worth 6-6,500.00 considering it's state of tune and completion.
yarin
Please put me down on the "interested" list..

Is this complete with stock fuel injection? How much does the eurorace header go for new?

Who rebuilt the heads?
Joe Ricard
My "Joe motor" cost me $2500.00 total. but it's not broke in yet and NOT for sale.

So somewhere inbetween.
DanT

NO, the original question was asking for opinions as to the value of my motor. biggrin.gif
that is what this thread was for... smile.gif

folks know a good thing when they see it smilie_pokal.gif , and I guess they want to get in the queue. confused24.gif
Trevorg7
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 12 2008, 06:10 PM) *

folks know a good thing when they see it smilie_pokal.gif , and I guess they want to get in the queue. confused24.gif

Good thing I asked first. biggrin.gif

T
DanT
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Mar 12 2008, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 12 2008, 06:10 PM) *

Good thing I asked first. biggrin.gif

T

you and about 6 others so far Trevor, but you were #1 biggrin.gif
championgt1
That orange motor would look great in my olympic blue car. GULF colors! aktion035.gif Some orange paint on the bumpers and rockers and spray the mahles orange. idea.gif

Oh wait, the boss just saw this and said no way!
914werke
QUOTE(Beanie Boy @ Mar 11 2008, 07:01 PM) *

Well there's a Jake motor going for $7K..... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=81176

Im suprised Jake hadnt made this distinction but this is a McMark/Raby
"Kit" motor. stirthepot.gif
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.