Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: N. Cal breakfast suggestion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dave_Darling
We missed last month--oops! So let's figure out when and where a little early, this time.

How about an East Bay one this time? There's an "Original Pancake House" franchise in Fremont. http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/phloc_ca.html
Click here for Google Map

I haven't been to that one, but it looks like there's good parking around. And I've been to several other OPHes.

Other suggestions are welcome...

--DD

EDIT MCMARK: The last Saturday of the month (that's 3/29), at 9:14 AM.
MartyYeoman
Nice place.
Got a date in mind?
McMark
mueba.gif PANCAKES!
mightyohm
Let's do it, OPH sounds good.

I purposely didn't try to organize a breakfast last month after I found out that Rob's Sacramento event was on the last Sat. Maybe I should have said something. biggrin.gif
roadster fan
This would be the longest trip for the "new" driver. Would be a good run from Santa Cruz, so I am in. Let's pick a date so I can have PANCAKES wub.gif .

Jim
Toast
Wherever it's easy to get to so I don't get lost?

av-943.gif

toast.gif
SirAndy
thumb3d.gif
Dave_Darling
Toast, if you drive all the way up here from SoCal, I'll buy your breakfast!

The time and date would be the same as always: The last Saturday of the month (that's 3/29), at 9:14 AM.

I've never been to that OPH, but I know the chain and they're pretty good...

--DD
JeffBowlsby
I am in. Yes Marty...for real this time... biggrin.gif
LarryR
Freemont is good for me biggrin.gif nice little 30 drive to get some pancakes ...

Whats the date or did I miss that?
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 13 2008, 04:37 PM) *

The time and date would be the same as always: The last Saturday of the month (that's 3/29), at 9:14 AM.

roadster fan
chowtime.gif thumb3d.gif

I am in.

Jim
Toast
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 13 2008, 05:37 PM) *

Toast, if you drive all the way up here from SoCal, I'll buy your breakfast!
--DD

That sounds like a great deal Dave. laugh.gif
Jenny
Count me in for sure. I'm sure when I ask Brian, he'll say yes. Then at 8:45 that morning, he'll opt to sleep in instead.wink.gif

Jen
MartyYeoman
Hey Dave
If you're taken names, put me down in the "yes" column.
jesiv
Count me in!

James
jimtab
I'm in and I'll bring the "goodies" for the RRC/Bonneville crew for whomever shows up...FIID..FIID....where are ya.....
MartyYeoman
I couldn't resist.
szuccaro
Okay. I'll plan on attending too. Steve
jimtab
icon_bump.gif
Dave_Darling
icon_bump.gif

One week left (more or less)!

--DD
toon1
hope to be able to make it with the 914.
SirAndy
my car drives kinda funky with the busted steering column, but i'll make it down to fremont ....
bye1.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
Glad to hear that, Aaahndy! smile.gif

--DD
Dave_Darling
This is your two-day icon_bump.gif!

--DD
EdwardBlume
Its hard to resist hanging out with all of you guys....... 2-3 with wifey and kids. Thanks for the email Jeff!
Nor.Cal.914
I'm in!! biggrin.gif
-Chris
Jenny
Brian and I are still in! Can't wait to see everyone again!

Jen
jimtab
I'm in (solo) I've got to try and get Fiid to come too.....
SirAndy
fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid, wake up !!!

biggrin.gif Andy
Nor.Cal.914
Is this drive for sure rain or shine? Hope it doesn't rain too hard tomorrow!
-Chris
Jenny
Brian and I will probably-most-likely be late. Please save seats for us if we're REALLY late. I'm hoping to still catch you guys in the parking lot. He really doesn't like to get up early on the weekends. But he loves breakfast! wink.gif

Jen
Dr. Roger
Why I'm deciding to go to breakfast in Fremont at this time is beyond me.
=)
Maybe I don't want to miss out on any fun. driving.gif

Count me in. =)

QUOTE(Jenny @ Mar 29 2008, 01:02 AM) *

Brian and I will probably-most-likely be late. Please save seats for us if we're REALLY late. I'm hoping to still catch you guys in the parking lot. He really doesn't like to get up early on the weekends. But he loves breakfast! wink.gif

Jen

hydroliftin
Looks like I'm in, but sadly no 914. Still in the shop. Maybe I'll bring the Z.
SirAndy
McMark is on it's way to my place and so is Dr. Roger ...

we'll be heading down shortly!
piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif Andy
bfrymire
Pictures....

http://www.etow.com/914_breakfast_3_29_2008/

These are full res and are too big to post. So just browse, and I will post some reduced size ones later.

-- brett
McMark
I had a great time. Good to see some long-lost friends. biggrin.gif And YUMMY sourdough pancakes. chowtime.gif

Brett's pictures...

porschecb
Whats the story on the car with the super wide flares w/blue plates in pic. one?
fiid
Hey!

Sorry I didn't make it. Today is the wifey's birthday - so probably not going anywhere smile.gif I'll be at next months smile.gif

--Fiid.
Midtowner
Hey, that's a pretty good turn out! I would have been there but my Grandmothers 100th birthday took precedence. smile.gif
McMark
the super wide flare car is Dr. Roger's V8 car. ZOOM!
jimtab
Oh sure...now we know where your priorities are......
Nor.Cal.914
This was a great first meet for me! biggrin.gif Unfortunately, the drive home after wasn't so pleasant. Got my first speeding ticket!!! mad.gif Clocked at 80 mph on his radar. Sucks! Oh well, first one on the record so not too bad.
-Chris
jesiv
Great get together. As a newbie, I met twice as many people as last time and the range of cars was great. Obviously, seeing Andy with his car makes everything right. My wife was pissed about the way I was talking about the great ass on Rodger’s 914. The spacers…. 4+” just seems special.

My hat is off to Jim in Los Altos (I think) with the $750 resurrection (good things happen to good people).

Rob, my daughter say’s she will come next time.

Thank you all for a wonderful morning. Also, I think Peter is buying next time if his teener is not ready...

Regards,

James
yellow914
Hey! Thats the coolest breakfast club I've ever seen!....I'm new here as of 2 days ago and would have loved to make it (from San Jose, CA)...my 914 got creamed on Thursday morning (hit and run)...very surprised just how stout that little car is!....

However I'd love to make the next one.......

kudos to you all.

Scott
szuccaro
Looks like a great turnout! Wish I could have made it. Steve
Toast
Scott,
That totally Sucks about your teener! ohmy.gif Hope you can fix it!

I will try to be at the next breakfast. Funds ran short for me to make it up this month. However, I did have the greatest honor and privlage of taking a very special drive in a very special 914 today! wub.gif howard.gif

I'll try to make the next breakfast!
Hopefully gas prices will be down a little bit. av-943.gif

wavey.gif

toast.gif
Dr. Roger
Probably cheaper to fly. LOL
I can see a line forming to the right, full of eager guys waiting to pick you up at the airport.

I'll be at the front of the line. ;-)

QUOTE(Toast @ Mar 29 2008, 11:02 PM) *

Scott,
That totally Sucks about your teener! ohmy.gif Hope you can fix it!

I will try to be at the next breakfast. Funds ran short for me to make it up this month. However, I did have the greatest honor and privlage of taking a very special drive in a very special 914 today! wub.gif howard.gif

I'll try to make the next breakfast!
Hopefully gas prices will be down a little bit. av-943.gif

wavey.gif

toast.gif

Toast
laugh.gif
shades.gif

thumb3d.gif
mightyohm
I was sporting my commemorative RRC shirt, thanks to Jimtab... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.