Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seek Durango Colorado Area Porsche mechanic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dave29
I'm moving to southwest Colorado within the next year. Some of my P cars are already there. Does anyone know of a good, honest Porsche mechanic who works on 356, 914-6, and early 911 cars in the area? The area can be from Grand Junction, Colorado to Farmington, NM. Thanks much.
dave29
Ferg
Allen Johnson is in Grand Junction.

I would trust that kind of iron to no one else.

Ferg beerchug.gif
Scott S
I agree with Ferg. However, if you are in Durango "propper" see if a shop called Durango Small Car is still there. They were the go to guys for a very long time. Owned by two brothers, Rick and Steve Rogers.
Gint
agree.gif

None of these guys have ever steered me wrong.
dave29
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Mar 12 2008, 02:09 PM) *

I agree with Ferg. However, if you are in Durango "propper" see if a shop called Durango Small Car is still there. They were the go to guys for a very long time. Owned by two brothers, Rick and Steve Rogers.

Thanks for the input. Scott, do you recall if small cars worked on both 356 and 911 cars? They would be most convient to my location however, Allan Johnsons' name has come up more than once. I was just wondering who has the most complete service of the two.
Thanks again and I look forward to meeting some Colorado 914ers.
dave29
Scott S
When I lived there, they were the only shop that worked on Porsche cars - or anything that was even remotely exotic or set up for racing. Steve Rogers was an autocorss and vintage racing guy - he lived for it. He won many national championships in both his A/P Lotus and in a BMW 2002. He dialed in the Oettinger motor that was in my GTI and did an amazing job. There are several pro rally drivers that live in that area and he was their go to guy as well. Very talented guy. However, I have not had any dealings with them since 1995 or so. I have no idea if they are still there as a business, let alone if the brothers still own it. Steve was the wrench and Rick was the parts guy.
brant
I know allen johnson does specifically work on 356's, type 4's, and 911 motors. In fact he is not even in the phone book because he is usually so busy with race customers and return customers.

he is a machinist and builder and quite advanced
he has built a couple of 4 cylinder race motors for me, a couple of race and stock tranny's, and is currently building a 200hp 2.0 911 motor for me. very very good at what he does.

brant
Sleepin
I live in Grand Junction, and I do not think there is anything I would not trust Allen Johnson to do. As a matter of fact I would love to just drop my car off there, give him some money and tell him to do what he wants with the car! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.