Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW TYPE lV LIFTERS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
euro911
Are those the lifters you were telling me about a couple of months ago? I'm looking for lifters for the Raby cam going in my 2056 build idea.gif

Drive that puppy up here this Saturday if you ain't working.
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
euro911
Cool, I need some good sound advice on the build.

Sent you a PM
brer

popcorn[1].gif
type11969
What is the benefit of having the t1 head? Are these lighter than the stock t4 ones?
EyeTrip
I saw something similar to those back in the day and never figured out why they stopped using them.

Did you have to machine the case for them?

The theory of them is to spread the surface face of the lifter to cam to increase the life of the cam. So I was told.
orange914
popcorn[1].gif how have you confirmed their compatability?... measured wear? how many miles on lifter/cam?

mike
orange914
QUOTE(EyeTrip @ Mar 13 2008, 08:46 AM) *

The theory of them is to spread the surface face of the lifter to cam to increase the life of the cam. So I was told.

wouldn't that change the lift profile with a different base? i.e. longer duration maybe other spec.'s?

mike
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
euro911
idea.gif Not to dispute your statements, just curious ('cause I don't know):

The width of the 'new' lifter's flange doesn't come into account?

If the diameter is wider across the face (by 'x' mm), wouldn't this add a little more duration?

... or is the overall length of the lifter shorter (by 'x' mm) to compensate for the wider face diameter?

What about the push rods? ... are they stock length, or sized-to-fit?

... and, what rocker assemblies are you running?

I doubt very many components in your engines are off the shelf 'stock' shades.gif

laugh.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 13 2008, 12:11 AM) *

I'm looking for lifters for the Raby cam going in my 2056 build idea.gif

My cams will only work with the supplied lifters. We have never sold a cam without lifters unless the customer had Ceramics.

The posted lifters have unknown compatibility with my cams, I have been working on a similar design myself but the lifters are made from tool steel.
euro911
Unfortunately, by the time I acquired the 2056 parts from Albert, someone had already purchased the 'supplied' lifters from him ... and someone else bought the ceramic ones he had.

Can I buy just the spec'd lifters on your T-4 web store, Jake?
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.