Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone get their "Exellence" yet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Very nice coverage! That's all I'm sayin ph34r.gif biggrin.gif
jgara962
I got mine last night. I couldn't wait to sit down and read it especially the RS Spyder/962 comparison.
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 13 2008, 05:12 PM) *

Very nice coverage! That's all I'm sayin ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

no fair...
talk...tell
what is the article???

Rich
jgara962
Oh yes, the other "comparison".
byndbad914
at 464 miles from where I live to Albuquerque I am thinking I wanna try out the track they tested the two teeners on. I may have to run down there at some point if there is a club that will let me run my beast or a test and tune day.

Should have included a Suby conversion car and a V8 conversion car in the comparo stirthepot.gif laugh.gif

I liked the 962 comparo article as well.
azbill
I read the artical it is well written. Great read. biggrin.gif
Cevan
Bastards!!! I don't have mine yet. biggrin.gif
GWN7
Tell...mine shows up about a month from now
rick 918-S
av-943.gif Ya, you betcha! laugh.gif Like sitting half way though the movie and having someone tell you the ending before it's over. laugh.gif It will be worth the wait. I wub.gif when they have 914 stuff in there! aktion035.gif
LarryR
No fair at least tell the title of the article popcorn[1].gif
sww914
You guys are a bunch of big meanies!
Twise
Its a comparison between a four and a six - Thats it - I no say no more. Pretty well written article... I too love it when our cars get attention.

TeenerTim
IPB Image
rhodyguy
if that's the correct cover, you guys need to subscribe. old news...

k
jgara962
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Mar 14 2008, 06:35 AM) *

IPB Image

That's not the new issue.
nsr-jamie
Not fair, we don't have that magazine here in Japan......can I order these somewhere? And will they ship to Japan?? Need some Porsche magazines in English
Root_Werks
Sounds like I'll have to wait a week or so, but I'll have to hit the news stand to get a copy of this issue.
70Sixter
Mine better be in the mailbox today!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 13 2008, 07:07 PM) *
Like sitting half way though the movie and having someone tell you the ending before it's over.

The butler did it....

--DD
johannes
I don't have that in France ... sad.gif ...
Elliot Cannon
Try their website. www.excellence-mag.com
JmuRiz
I got mine this past Friday...really wish they had lap-times (for both of the comparos). Good reads though!
hcdmueller
Now I have to go search all the book stores on all the bases around here.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 17 2008, 11:55 AM) *
...really wish they had lap-times (for both of the comparos).

They did have some lap-times for the 962 comparo. Some of which even (mostly) used the same tracks. Was eye-opening for certain! I'd love to see what the times would be at Le Mans, though! smile.gif

--DD
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 18 2008, 02:27 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 17 2008, 11:55 AM) *
...really wish they had lap-times (for both of the comparos).

They did have some lap-times for the 962 comparo. Some of which even (mostly) used the same tracks. Was eye-opening for certain! I'd love to see what the times would be at Le Mans, though! smile.gif

--DD

If I remember correctly there is at least one private RS spyder entered for this year, so we should see a time for the spyder! I think the 956/962 "peak" at LeMans was prior to the biggest recent changes to the Circuit de la Sarthe configuration and that was the addition of chicanes on the Mulsanne straight in 1990 and some other smaller changes about 8 years ago.

I can't seem to google and find good Le Mans lap times, but I think with the long Mulsanne straight, in 1986 a 956 did a 3:23. In practice for the 1994 race (after Mulsanne chicanes were added) a Daur 962 (rules loop hole allowed this race car that was based upon a road car that was based upon a race car) did a 3:56

It seems that with the current track configuration and with prototypes, fast laps are around 3:3x.

I would suspect that while the spyder is a great P2 car, it really shines on the twisty bits and that the longer tracks like Circuit de la Sarthe it's lower HP is not going to allow it challenge the P1 cars for fast times. I also wonder how a 956/962 would do against it. With the longer straights the 956/962 with its higher HP might set a faster lap than the current RS Spyder.

Richard
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 18 2008, 05:50 AM) *
With the longer straights the 956/962 with its higher HP might set a faster lap than the current RS Spyder.

My thoughts exactly!!

--DD
Eric_Shea
Reading as little as I did about the big six, I'm happy with my decision to use a 2.5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.