Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine compartment light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dave29
I know it's been a while since i've owned a 914-6 but why can't I find how to turn off the engine compartment light? I drove the car early this AM in the dark for the first time and when I turned on the headlights, on came the light. It's still dark outside and I did'nt have time to do too much hunting. Knowledge is welcome at this time.
Thanks unsure.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dave29 @ Mar 14 2008, 06:56 AM) *

I know it's been a while since i've owned a 914-6 but why can't I find how to turn off the engine compartment light? I drove the car early this AM in the dark for the first time and when I turned on the headlights, on came the light. It's still dark outside and I did'nt have time to do too much hunting. Knowledge is welcome at this time.
Thanks unsure.gif

Take the bulb out! The light is on every time you turn on the lights!
agrump
It seems silly that they wired it like that. Is the 916 the same way?
Spoke
I believe the light is the rear trunk light which also happens to reside in the engine compartment. My guess is they saved some wiring and a trunk lid switch by simply connecting the trunk light to the main lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.