Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater mufflers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
For those putting heat back into their teeners, are heater mufflers available if yours are shot?

Could something like a motorcycle muffler be used as a cheap replacement?
Joe Bob
HUH?

Heat exchangers are under the motor and provide heat to the air coming off of the fan.....a blower inside the engine bay helps it along to the cabin......INSIDE the heat exchnagers are the exhaust pipes that go to a central colloector then to the muffler.

You can put a Folger's can in place of the muffler..... laugh.gif
boxsterfan
For more clarification, I mean the "heater mufflers" inside your longs. I think these are NLA. I believe they are there to for noise level reduction only, but what do I know? ohmy.gif
Britain Smith
You best bet is probably finding a parts car at taking them out of it. You might want to try calling Brad over at HPH...I know there are a bunch of rollers up there.

-Britain
AA had them on sale for some ridiculous sum on Ebay not long ago.... but they are NLA. Anyone have them for dissection and possible replication with less pricey materials?
boxsterfan
That was what I was driving at. I would hate to take them from a parts car (probably in as bad a shape as mine) and taking them from a "rust free" car would be a crime (would hate to cut into some rust free longs). OK, I know a "rust free" 914 doesn't really exist....my Eleanor.

So, given that information, does anyone think something like a motorcycle muffler could be used? Or should I stop starting to drink at 3:00 in the afternoon?

w00t.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 13 2004, 06:45 PM)
should I stop starting to drink at 3:00 in the afternoon?

w00t.gif

Yes, start at noon beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
redshift
I think you could make some out of aluminum tubes, think supertrap...

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.