Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Censorship
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mikester
Hey, I don't mean to complain and I won't be naming any names...but I think I'm going to have to STOP coming to this board during my office hours unless the avatars used by some people who will remain nameless are changed to be more PG rated rather than R rated.

Don't get me wrong - I think they are great really but I can't risk my job over it and nobody else should have to worry about that either.

I love the board - but I will be contributing ( what little I do) much less if we don't have this limited censorship.

Sorry to ge a party pooper - I just don't want to loose a little relaxation during the work day. I know a lot of you come here from work - risking your job too.

I work in a professional establishment and if someone saw something R rated over my shoulder it would be very possible to hold it against me. I come here for the 914s not the boobs.

Content I could care less about but big ole pictures of some super hot chick taking her top off and exposing her gazongas just kinda makes this place a no-no at work. In fact - being that my job is network security - I'll have to block the site.

Bottom line, you can say "tits" but you can't show 'em. Man, I love 'em - but they gotta go or I gotta go and I really don't want to.

Flame on.
fuch toy
As discussed in a previous thread.....avatars can be turned off if you view the BBS from work.
Gint
Here we go again...

You can turn off the avatars in "My Controls", "Board Settings". fourth dialog drop down if my memory serves me correctly.

OK, it's the third one down in the "Board Display Settings" section.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Zois @ Jan 13 2004, 01:02 PM)
As discussed in a previous thread.....avatars can be turned off if you view the BBS from work.

yupp, easy fix ...

what Gint said.

that way, you don't have to leave us, mikester. smile.gif
Andy
Elliot_Cannon
I kinda like the avatar in question. Actually I like it alot! If something offends you, don't go there. Eliminate the avatars and then there will not be a problem with the folks at work. Why are you on this web site at work anyway? You don't have to abandon this web site totally, just at work. I value everyones opinion and cherish our freedom of speech and expression. I have no avatar because I am only here because of a common interest we all have and thats the 914. It's nice though that someone has made it possible to post a picture and even animate it. This can be a fairly annonymous form of communication and the avatars can sometimes give you an idea of someones personality.
beerchug.gif Cheers, Elliot (A child of the 60s)
Hawktel
Yeah, just turn them off at work. And guys, lets all PLEASE continue to label threads with None work apporiate stuff. Its been done pretty well so far, but keeping it up helps people.

Cause lets face if, If I can't come here, I'd have to work. And we don't want that.
swood
At this point, I'd rather look at anything else but Whacko Jacko!
fiid
Actually - I realised the avatar setting is tied to the user account.

What would be really cool would be if that particular setting was stored directly in it's own cookie - then it would stay on the browser, so at work avatars could be off, and then at home they could be on.

There are probably more complex ways of implementing the same thing, but this was the clearest way I could think about it. What do you think??
Hawktel
That would be a nice solution Fiid, I was considering it last night after we had the discussion about Mike's Avatar. It could be made to just make the cookie update off the last control setting set at that computer.
aufaber
Got mine turned off now. Boobies get me fired.
mikester
Sweet, this thread can be removed if you so desire and I remove my request.

Man I felt like a turd for asking that question...
drew365
Mikester; Actually your avatar is kind of annoying. laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
I caught myself staring at Mikes avatar then my wife caught me laugh.gif
She said "What'cha lookin at?" I said, "sumpin purty!" wub.gif
ain't it amazin how they bounce? mueba.gif

.......b
mikester
I can't see my avatar any more thus it does not annoy me.
Gint
Sweet, this thread can be removed if you so desire and I remove my request.

Man I felt like a turd for asking that question...

Don't sweat it Mike. Happy to see you're sticking around. And you can always go and delete all of your posts in this thread. wink.gif
Brad Roberts
Ha ha.. Good one Mike.. laugh.gif

B
Joe Bob
Yeah......I was getting sick of whacko Jacko,.,,,,
Bruce Allert
ahhhhhhhhh.... their back clap56.gif all 2 of 'm beerchug.gif

..thankyoumichael

.....b
URY914
Those things are just wonderful. wub.gif pray.gif

Paul
Jeroen
QUOTE(fiid @ Jan 13 2004, 11:48 PM)
Actually - I realised the avatar setting is tied to the user account.

What would be really cool would be if that particular setting was stored directly in it's own cookie - then it would stay on the browser, so at work avatars could be off, and then at home they could be on.

You can also open a new account that you only use at your workplace. Turn the avatars off on this account
On your home account, you can leave the avatars on

cheers,

Jeroen
Joe Bob
Drives the admin weenies crazy.....I've been asked a couple of times why I have two accounts....just for this reason.
Jenny
I like Jeroen's avatar better, it's more subtle. Can you animate it so someone's hand slaps her ass and it jiggles, maybe? laugh.gif

Jen
Bruce Allert
The dawn blink.gif
thanks Jenny... for the life of me I couldn't see what the hell that was 'cept it said PORSCHE. At first I thought it was a seat with a bigass head rest laugh.gif

........b
Bleyseng
Can't we just have everyone avatar be MikeZ's? I am tired of all the car pics. That way everyone can enjoy it all the time or at work have avatars turned off.

Geoff
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jan 13 2004, 04:59 PM)
The dawn blink.gif
thanks Jenny... for the life of me I couldn't see what the hell that was 'cept it said PORSCHE. At first I thought it was a seat with a bigass head rest laugh.gif

........b

That's because your monitor is only 5" across.....get a bigger screen.
Bruce Allert
somethin else where size matters, eh?
..........sigh idea.gif
jes'kaint win rolleyes.gif

........b
mikester
I woulda been in here from home - but that woulda been it.

I don't want to go - and I'm clearly not now...plus I enjoyed starting a flame.
Ray Warren
that avatar is just another good reason
to visit this board.
URY914
TWO very good reasons to visit the board!
Bruce Allert
here here smilie_pokal.gif

..........b
Jake Raby
I love this board because it has a "Shop" atmosphere.... Hell if someone got fired for seeing a set of tits they work for some cheesy bastards anyway!

This world is too correct these days.

actually I do understand his point, but perhaps his boss should get laid more often and relax a bit!
boxstr
http://www.daimi.au.dk/~bvenkov/abc.swf Mike see if you can add this as an avatar.
CCLINABCTOWN
redshift
holy g.... j...

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 13 2004, 07:39 PM)
holy g.... j...

is "Z" for real or is that PhotoShop? icon8.gif
redshift
It's real buddy, welcome to America.. this way to the egress.. ------->

M
Howard
I love this site
Hawktel
Don't try these at work.

First if you want the interactive friendly version of Mikes Avatar...

Show and Tell!

And then if you wanna see Ms. Z, her name is Nadine Jensen. my roomate reconized her

Nadine Jensen gets nakid here

Like I said, DON'T Open At Work.
fuch toy
Woof.....
Bruce Allert
Just found a new avatar for Rich918-S
this is a real alien

......b
MarkV
Someone sent me a whole set of .swf files that are the same gal as in Mikes avatar.

DON'T OPEN THESE AT WORK

one

two

three

four

five
Joe Bob
Shit....they are blocked here at work.....nice going admin..... blink.gif
Dave Bell
I had to turn off the Avatars too so I could check progress of the Tarret buy thread

I work for one of those, "Cheesy" places Jake was talking about... NASA JPL... my other vehicle is on Mars right now about to go roaming... ;-)
NASA takes a dim view of lewd material showing up on company computers.... driven by ethical and legal concerns...

Legal = financial... most corporations don't want a sexual harassment suit and some lawyers are just looking for places to sue... blame the lawyers.

Side note... about 7-10 years back, the Lawrence Livermore labs up in Norther Cal were hit by a big scandal when some goofball was using Gbits of disck space to store "pictures" on a government computer system.... talk about stupid.

Mike.. change your avatar. We got your point.

B
Joe Bob
QUOTE(MarkV @ Jan 14 2004, 08:53 AM)
Someone sent me a whole set of .swf files that are the same gal as in Mikes avatar.

DON'T OPEN THESE AT WORK

one

two

three

four

five

Popular gal.....on #5 .... looks like she has a little tattoo down there near her ....ummmmm "intake"?
hargray2
Could we get the links pulled from this thread and nailed to the top of the board for easy access!? clap56.gif
mikester
Very nice.

She really does have a great smile.
URY914
I think she's cute.
And has a nice personallity.

Paul
redshift
They are all to heavy for you, and you know that.

M
Bruce Allert
Smother me please wub.gif
one for each nostril chowtime.gif

..........b
914ghost
OMG!!

w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.