Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eggplant is faster than yellow........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
So says me biggrin.gif

IPB Image

My new (to me) 914 just arrived home smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Joe Sharp made some custom rockers for it smile.gif

IPB Image

And the Wheels are for sale biggrin.gif
(911 spares with a pretty powdercoat)
IPB Image
TROJANMAN
Inside........

IPB Image
Root_Werks
That is one clean looking 914!
jim_hoyland
Very nice Greg ! smile.gif Here's a pic of the eggplant at Mt Hood...from WCC'06

Jim
swood
Why does it look turd brown not the Aubergine it is?

I'm just sayin... poke.gif

I hope you enjoy that car. cheer.gif
TROJANMAN
It was overcast.

Are you the one that butchered the wiring in front? poke.gif

biggrin.gif
swood
OUCH!!

No, I didn't really do much but drive it a little. It was fairly hacked up by the PO. It was wired up with a hot start, big amp and kill switch under the seat when I got it. It stank bad too in the cabin. It came with a ton of parts, most useless and a deck of nudie playing cards.

But i love the color, and the fact it was as far as I can see originally eggplant.

driving-girl.gif
TROJANMAN
The wiring needs some troubleshooting, so I was hoping you could add some insight smile.gif

The 3 previous owners to me (in the last 6 months laugh.gif ), were not sure who messed with the wiring. THere are some really neat things that happen when you sequence certain parts of the electrical system laugh.gif

I was under the car the other night, and eggplant seems to be the original color (except for the replaced passenger door)
swood
It's been through some hands that's for sure. Although it was pretty hacked up when I got it, everything seemed to work fairly well, electrically speaking. There was no brakes, but that didn't really stop me from cruising in it. You just have to get a little more creative when you want to stop or slow down.

I'm glad T H O M A S took it and gave it a life. It's a cool car and purple to the core. Not too many out there like that.

I hope it doesn't stink anymore. shades.gif
type47
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

of the engine. you tease us with nice exterior and interior shots. we're stirred by the pix of the 5 lug wheels and think "-6?". biggrin.gif
jimkelly
also - i see a tach that has a redline ABOVE 6 : )

QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 15 2008, 03:47 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

of the engine. you tease us with nice exterior and interior shots. we're stirred by the pix of the 5 lug wheels and think "-6?". biggrin.gif

scotty b
I like the painted wheels. Nice look as opposed to the normel "polished" ones aktion035.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 15 2008, 06:52 AM) *

I like the painted wheels. Nice look as opposed to the normel "polished" ones aktion035.gif

Thanks, but they really are for sale biggrin.gif
The car is set to get some Fuchs: Black and Anodized (not polished)

Pic of the engine.........

IPB Image

And a few more of the conversion that was done before I got the car. It still needs a little tweeking (mostly wiring stuff), and it has a doctor's appointment on Tuesday as it seems to be running short of breath right now. Lowlanders never do well at altitude biggrin.gif

And since I have bought it, my man Slits was nice enough to install some Heat Exchangers on the car for me. smile.gif

IPB Image
rick 918-S
drooley.gif
jaminM3
I love it!! thumb3d.gif I really want a /6 eventually.. sad2.gif

I hope we see this baby at the next RRC !! driving.gif
type47
smilie_pokal.gif now put a cover over that side shift linkage rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
did he run out of hi-temp black paint when shooting the hes or do they make it in primer red now? blink.gif you gonna thin the herd gregor?

k
TROJANMAN
Hey Kev,
I sent the copper car to Cali for my dad

The HE's were in really bad shape and the black painted part is all new metal, so it had to be painted.
rhodyguy
you're a very nice son. i should be so lucky. the gift road runs one way with my boys.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.