Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT My son is too cool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
My son, who is only 19mo. is sitting here watching the cars go and he is mimicing the noises. av-943.gif

I feel a future race care driver. Shoot, he's alread sat in a SLR and had a ride in a Carrera GT.

edit.. oops, I ment to post this in the box.
BMXerror
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 15 2008, 09:54 PM) *

My son, who is only 19mo. is sitting here watching the cars go and he is mimicing the noises. av-943.gif

I feel a future race care driver. Shoot, he's alread sat is and SLR and had a ride in a Carrera GT.

edit.. oops, I ment to post this in the box.

Wow... Lucky kid... Lucky dad!
Mark D.
PeeGreen 914
I am.. He is a ton of fun. He has to waych the Disney movie "Cars" once a day if he can. When we drive down the road he keeps saying...car...car... Sometimes gets annoying but then I have to remember it's all my fault.
SGB
can you say "Pit crew"?

My kids have grown up to be respectable DIY mechanics. The oldest spent most of a summer 15 years ago (when he was 3) helping me rebuild most of my 914. Since then, he and his brother have helped me through just about everything else. Now the engine is out again and we have gone through the full cycle and are starting over again.
smile.gif
ConeDodger
19 months old and another on the way??? Jon, you need a new hobby! av-943.gif

Your buddy Mark...
PeeGreen 914
Thanks Rob wink.gif

Well.... they say birth control is 99% effective..... Well, my daughter will be proof of that 1%. Non the Less, we are very excited for her to come. I really wanted to have our kids two years apart and we are only going for three total.
ConeDodger
Don't tell her I said that Jon... Her and Yopu will get together and I will get the wifley stink eye!!! sad.gif
Twise
I have 3 girls 13, 15 and 16 - All three can weld, fabricate sheet metal two of them can prime and paint pretty decent and my youngest can tig weld almost as well as I can. She just built a catapult for her science class out of alum tubing and it is sick. I was very impressed. The two older girls have taken a hiatus from wrenching - to be girls. Although my oldest was out front with her guy friend looking at the car he just bought (a supra), and I overheard her chastising him for planning stereo work instead of putting the money in the motor. Quote from her - "yea, it will sound great in your driveway". I am having a hard time with the whole puberty thing, but moments like that go a long way...

So for those of you with young ones - enjoy. It gets harder, but the things you teach them now, really pay off in the long run...
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, I am sure my daughter will be a little like yours in that respect. Sounds like you have some good girls. I am sure they will be able to keep the guys at bay.

To be honest.. having a girl on the way scares the sh!t out of me. Having a boy has been a breeze, but being a boy makes it that easy...... I'm sure you know what I mean.

Rob, your safe biggrin.gif
Trevorg7
Daddies girls are the best! Nothing compairs.

They grow up fast as I am sure many have told you...enjoy.

T
PeeGreen 914
You're telling me.... My son is 19mo and it seems like we brought him home from the hospital yesterday. ... Man time frlies. I can only imagine how my parents feel.
effutuo101
Yep, next thing you know, you will be paying for college....
PeeGreen 914
blink.gif dry.gif Now why ya got to go and say something like that Chris? Are you going to mention about my daughters wedding too? chair.gif

av-943.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 16 2008, 12:35 AM) *

blink.gif dry.gif Now why ya got to go and say something like that Chris? Are you going to mention about my daughters wedding too? chair.gif

av-943.gif

Seriously..............start a Scholars Edge 529 plan now! smile.gif

You'll thank me in 16+ years biggrin.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Happiest days of my life :

The day my wife married me, the days both of my kids were born,1 of each.

The day my daughter married, And the day my daughter had my grandson,

slap.gif Dave
Porcharu
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 15 2008, 09:25 PM) *

I am.. He is a ton of fun. He has to waych the Disney movie "Cars" once a day if he can. When we drive down the road he keeps saying...car...car... Sometimes gets annoying but then I have to remember it's all my fault.

agree.gif
My son watched "Cars" 4 times in a row while driving home from my parents in December. Then he insisted on watching it every day for about a month - now it's only once or twice a week. He plays with toy cars all the time has no interest at all in balls, and I have never encouraged this car stuff. It seems to be genetic. biggrin.gif
Porcharu
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Mar 16 2008, 12:00 AM) *

av-943.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif

Or one of these, better yet - both
rice fund
effutuo101
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 15 2008, 11:35 PM) *

av-943.gif

Na, she will be into cars as well. No dowery, just a kicken ride and a college degree. Best thing my mom ever told me. Elope. Tell every body when you are getting married and where Dutch style. That is what Angela and I did. We had a party at her mom's in San Diego BYOB (bottle and beef) and had a blast. No huge bills afterwards. Just the hang over. biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund
My grandson's first word is going to be "Momo".
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Mar 16 2008, 01:00 AM) *

av-943.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif

My brothers and I have been buying apartment complexes together, and as we have more kids we are buying more for there college funds. One of my brothers is a rather successful financial planner and he has it all set up for us.
Twise
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 15 2008, 11:20 PM) *

Yep, next thing you know, you will be paying for college....

Gladly - If I could just get them there. My oldest is not setting a good example right now. I been havin to get all Dr Phil on her lately. You ever feel like you just plain run out of shit to say? What do you do after that?

headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.