Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zin festival
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Went to the Zin festival in Paso Robles tonight. Started at a friends house with Makers Mark. Then we drank some wine. I'm a little "faced". GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY.

Cheers, Elliot

Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 15 2008, 08:55 PM) *

Went to the Zin festival in Paso Robles tonight. Started at a friends house with Makers Mark. Then we drank some wine. I'm a little "faced". GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY.

Cheers, Elliot

Some of my favorite Zins come from that area. Turley is top of my list. I often describe Turley as "pun rock Zin". If you like lisyening to The Carpenters then this wine is not for you. Consider yourself lucky to be close in proximity - near impossible to get Turley in Kansas......... unless you have them ship it to you!

Cheers!
zymurgist
Wine?!?

On St. Patrick's day weekend?!?

Great googley moogley. Guinness FTW! beer3.gif

Click to view attachment
Borderline
I've been trying to figure out why you moved to Paso. Now, I know!
ericread
Hail to thee, Maker's Mark!!! pray.gif

Here's a link to the Maker's Mark "Ambassador" web page. If you get signed up, they offer cool stuff every once in a while.

http://www.ambassador.makersmark.com/LogIn...l=/Default.aspx

Not affiliated, with the exception I am a major investor (one fifth at a time).
Porcharu
Did you have any Ballentine? A must for any Zin lover - my brother in law is the winemaker, killer big raging Zin. I was searching for this wine when I meet my to be wife and was shocked when I had dinner at her parents and they had a magnum of the stuff for dinner! I can't tell you how much of that stuff I have drank since then piratenanner.gif I love family discounts biggrin.gif He is now making a Petite Sarah and it is a huge wine - it's almost black and pushing 18%.
Cap'n Krusty
When you're ready for real zin from hundred year old vines, call me. The place I go is open 2 afternoons a year, and hardly even sells the wine to anyone but their wine club. The Cap'n, who's been drinking zin since Bill York was the only winemaker on the mountain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.