Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BizApp GT Door panels installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BKLA
I had BizApp make me some GT style door panels. I provided the bezel kit that I bought thru Mr. Shea a while back. I decided to do without the screws, however, utilizing instead the standard pop in plastic retainer.

Anyway, I like how they turned out.

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
I like 'em, the look really clean.
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif I want to do that soon.
MrKona
Very nice, I'd like to do that someday. Can you open the doors from the inside?
jgara962
Those look really good. I've been thinking about getting a set myself for a couple of weeks but havn't pulled the trigger yet.
jgara962
Those look really good. I've been thinking about getting a set myself for a couple of weeks but havn't pulled the trigger yet.
sixgt
Bezel kit? Is that the grommet the door strap goes through? More info please! TIA
BKLA
QUOTE(MrKona @ Mar 17 2008, 12:40 PM) *

Very nice, I'd like to do that someday. Can you open the doors from the inside?

The door is opened by pulling the leather strap.

THe bezel or grommet was fabricated by one of our members and Eric Shea sells them.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...621/3933094.htm

When installing them, take the time to lube your strike / lock mechanism!
jim_hoyland
Really nice ! What does the rear of the strap attach to ? Any inside pics ?
degreeoff
its funny you should mention that yours are mounted as mine showed up on my doorstep today!! Need to piant the beast frist but they look clean!!
arvcube
is there a way to lock the door the from inside?
rktmn247
QUOTE(arvcube @ Mar 17 2008, 01:48 PM) *

is there a way to lock the door the from inside?

no. driving.gif
Gint
Wasn't your call for sale Brett?
BKLA
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 17 2008, 04:52 PM) *

Really nice ! What does the rear of the strap attach to ? Any inside pics ?

The strap attaches to the latch hole where the original door release bar fits. I drilled a 3/8" hole in the door there so that I could access and attach the strap with a little bolt and lock nut.

Again, I cant stress enough that you clean and lube the latch assembly before install. it makes the door latch pull a lot easier!
RON S.
Brett,

Glad to here it turned out well. I had tought these things died on the vine a year or so ago.

Cheers to you beerchug.gif

Ron
Eric_Shea
I had tought these things died on the vine a year or so ago.

Nada... the group buy went through but there's still some left. I need to check with Bill to see if he wants the remainder. wink.gif
BKLA
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 17 2008, 08:39 PM) *

Wasn't your call for sale Brett?

Yea, but no body wants it. (not for what I'm asking.. :wink: ) But I had planned on doing the door panels before I put it up for sale.

I'll still sell it - to the right buyer for the right money - but until then, I'll enjoy it this summer. Hell, I may even take a chance (historic plate) and drive it to the WCR in Seattle for a day! (Don't wanna miss the histericals in Portland the same weekend!)

Also, I now have my own shop/garage that I can keep it in and work on it! No more driving 35 miles just to pick up my car!

WaHoo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.