Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear emblem's. What to do.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Excuse the NEWBIE question. It's probably been asked before.

I just purchased a 73 2.0, and it has no emblems on it now. The holes are there for some, but it seems these cars only came with the "Black" or "Gold" look?

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

What about chrome emblems? I know I've seen them. But where to buy? I would like the full [914 2.0] set.

I also see that some cars have that P O R S C H E plastic piece on the back. Was that a factory or dealer option?

I you have any pictures, that would be great. We'll just make this the "Rear Emblem" picture thread. smile.gif

Thanks,
Roy.
blitZ
You can take a gold emblem and sand it with very fine paper the gold will come off. Then buff it a bit to make it smooth and shiny. I did it and the emblem came out pretty well.

Oh, and welcome to the world.
Rand
The "Porsche" reflectors are aftermarket, not a factory option.

Personally, I like the clean look best. All my badges are gone and holes shaved.

Where to buy? Try a WTB ad in the classifieds here. You may even score some freebies. Otherwise HPH, AA, or any Porsche dismantler should have a ton of them.
Oh, and welcome to the world.

Thanks.
The "Porsche" reflectors are aftermarket, not a factory option.

Thanks RAND. I'll be up there in September for a cruise. Staying at the Mayflower near the port. Nice?
southernmost914
A 73 should be black or silver, gold is for early cars, nice ass!

Click to view attachment
Rand
QUOTE(96740 @ Mar 17 2008, 04:39 PM) *

Thanks RAND. I'll be up there in September for a cruise. Staying at the Mayflower near the port. Nice?

Mayflower Park? Yeah, very nice. An interesting historic. And great base for exploring downtown Seattle and the waterfront on foot!

If you have a little extra time, be sure and let us know when you're here. It would be fun to get a few of the locals together and meet you over lunch or something.
TravisNeff
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 17 2008, 04:17 PM) *

Personally, I like the clean look best. All my badges are gone and holes shaved.

Thanks for the visual huh.gif
Rand
laugh.gif
Um, yeah... holes on the car welded shut.
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 17 2008, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(96740 @ Mar 17 2008, 04:39 PM) *

Mayflower Park? Yeah, very nice. An interesting historic. And great base for exploring downtown Seattle and the waterfront on foot!

If you have a little extra time, be sure and let us know when you're here. It would be fun to get a few of the locals together and meet you over lunch or something.

Will do.
SGB
Ok I thought I got skooled on this for thinking that my silver "914" lettering was stock, but it is not. I think the finish for the lettering alternated black to gold on even and odd years respectively, while the "PORSCHE" script on the engine lid was chrome to gold- even/ odd..
izzat right Andy? Pat?
A little off topic, but I don't want to start another post.

Do the EURO tail lights fit in like the US ones? I know on my 993, they don't fit quite the same. I like the yellow turn signals better.
rktmn247
QUOTE(96740 @ Mar 17 2008, 02:38 PM) *

Do the EURO tail lights fit in like the US ones? I know on my 993, they don't fit quite the same. I like the yellow turn signals better.

yes. driving.gif
davep
Gold emblems on engine grille and gold 914 on tail panel to end of 1972 MY. Thereafter they had chrome emblems on the engine grille and black 914 plus engine size. The black anodize faded through a purple shade to a silver look over time. Later black plastic ones did not fade as such. From 1975 MY they went to a decal. No PORSCHE emblem on Euro engine grilles, and tail panels got the Porsche VW script.
QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Mar 17 2008, 05:57 PM) *

QUOTE(96740 @ Mar 17 2008, 02:38 PM) *

yes. driving.gif

Mahalo rktmn247. Kona boy here. Nice to see some hot VW/Porsche guys from back home.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
First of all please do not ruin that valuable cast gold emblem. They have been discontinued by the factory and many would want it to re-plate and install on their 70-72 models as it was standard equipment. The 73 models had cast 914 1.7 or 2.0 anodized black. 74 and 75 had 914 1.8 or 2.0 in plastic, and all 76 models had 914 2.0 in a decal (although the decal for 914 1.8 is available also!) Today all that is available is the plastic 914, the 2.0 and the 1.8 emblems. Even the gold 914-6 and european emblems have been discontinued (except for the black 914 vw porsche emblem)

With all of that said, we are in the process of reproducing all of the emblems in metal cast both in black and gold as made by the factory, and ALSO bought the company that made the porsche rear update lens kit so now have those available brand new with the electric release, or even for 944 and 924 models as a bolt on with a remote lic plate frame. (we of course do not advocate drilling and installing this lens on a nice stock 914!!!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(96740 @ Mar 17 2008, 06:59 PM) *

Mahalo rktmn247. Kona boy here.

Hey, I spotted one 914 while I was on da Big Island a year and change ago... smile.gif

--DD
effutuo101
I was on the big Island about 3 years ago. I saw a silver 914 with racing stripes (the leading edge said 914) for sale at a car lot. Don't know if it ever sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.