Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Upgrade; boring Winter in TORONTO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ajracer
Well it has been a cold, snowy winter here in Toronto; so I figured I might as well
get some upgrades and work done for the next summer season and autocross /
time trials. The primary focus is suppose to be bodywork and paint preparation,
but got a little distracted tonight and thought I would bolt up my new brake
adapters, new BIG rotors and mount the calipers. Should be able to stop her now,
even with the extra weight of a Chevy V8. Some other minor modifications include
addition of 911 A-arms, 19mm torsion bars and a little 22mm fully adjustable sway
bar.

A local friend has a custom machine shop and he fabricated these “very nice” caliper
adapters for me in order to mount the 993 TT rotors and my Wilwood racing
calipers. Very slick and freed up my time to do other things before the thaw comes
and all this snow is gone. Hopefully within a few weeks I will have a NEW paint job
along with some upgraded body panels, air dams, valances, etc. After three years
of looking like *<+!^&^%*&* it will now look fast and even go quicker, with some
shine paint. It is starting get exciting and hopefully new pictures will get posted of
finished product sooner rather than later.

Progress is slow but should notice a little difference in the handling and stopping
areas ??? Thanks for looking and now let’s get back to work; spend too much time
searching the forums and playing on the computer.

Allan
ajracer
Here is another one of just the brake adapters !
turbo914v8
Hey Allen looking good, better than when I was over the other day. Did you still want the rear bearing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.