Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternate reverse switch connections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GS Guy
Is there some kind of special plug or connection that goes to the reverse light switch on the transaxle? I just got the tranny all back together, now trying to figure out how to wire the reverse switch.

Since this is a custom installation, no existing wiring harness to "reconnect".

Is the switch plug available as a separate replacement part? Doc E recommended just soldering some wires into the switch and make up my own plug - which I'm not opposed to doing but keeping in mind the switch is an $85 replacement part, I don't want to muck it up!

Any other options for hooking up the switch (replacement plug sources, or alternate non-stock solutions)? I just want a reliable connection without dropping a ton of $$!

Jeff
914Sixer
Go to your local auto parts store and get 2 bullet connectors that fit your switch. Probably less than $.50 each. Crimp them on and check your connection. I would recommend you getting the rubber boot cover though.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 18 2008, 04:44 AM) *

Go to your local auto parts store and get 2 bullet connectors that fit your switch. Probably less than $.50 each. Crimp them on and check your connection. I would recommend you getting the rubber boot cover though.

agree.gif

the two bullet connectors simply slide into the switch, order doesn't matter. a rubber boot keeps the dirt out ...
shades.gif Andy

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.