Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker cover/valence spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
I am getting close to finishing my winter refresh of my car (or as my wife calls it, "Tell me again why you are taking your car apart?").

I am repairing and repainting my rocker covers and valences. I've got all the mounting hardware sorted out except for the black spacers. I need one for each end of these four pieces. I only have 5 of them and only one looks any good. The others are pretty squashed. My local hardware store only had nylon spacers (and they were off-white). I'm assuming the spacer needs to have a little give.

Can I use fuel line? I've got a bunch of leftover hose.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 18 2008, 09:06 AM) *

I am getting close to finishing my winter refresh of my car (or as my wife calls it, "Tell me again why you are taking your car apart?").

I am repairing and repainting my rocker covers and valences. I've got all the mounting hardware sorted out except for the black spacers. I need one for each end of these four pieces. I only have 5 of them and only one looks any good. The others are pretty squashed. My local hardware store only had nylon spacers (and they were off-white). I'm assuming the spacer needs to have a little give.

best to use the repro spacers. They are solid rubber with a hole in the middle just like the originals.
r_towle
put spacers underneath the bottom screws on the rocker. This is not original, but it keeps all the hay from staying in there and rusting out around the jack point.

Its alot easier to hose out the rocker, the stuff falls out with the spacers.

Rich
Joe Ricard
I used fuel line lasted quite awhile.
Cevan
Good doctor, how much for eight of them? I didn't see them for sale separately in your catalog or website. I have all the other hardware.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 18 2008, 11:43 AM) *

Good doctor, how much for eight of them? I didn't see them for sale separately in your catalog or website. I have all the other hardware.

1.25 each
sww914
I paid that much for white nylon spacers at the hardware store and then I had to paint them black.
Gint

You can use anything you want. I know I could walk into the Ace 8 blocks from here and find a replacement.
Michael N
I used rubber replacement washers used in plumbing valve stems. Just stacked two of them. Please don't tell Pat...... av-943.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 18 2008, 09:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 18 2008, 10:27 AM) *

I used fuel line lasted quite awhile.

Fuel line...that's funny, I thought I was the ony one who would do that...just wouldn't admit it. I used slices of the high pressure FI hose...works perfectly.
Rand
Glad to see you guys improvising. If it ain't a CW it ain't rocket science. And while "Git-R-Done" comes to mind, that doesn't mean it has to be a hack.
type47
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 18 2008, 08:16 PM) *

I used rubber replacement washers used in plumbing valve stems.

agree.gif
Pat Garvey
I like the kits George (AA) sells. Decent price, fresh fasteners & the spacers are right on. Worth it to buy the whole kits, even if you're not going to use all the pieces - nice for spares. Got a kit for my rockers & F&R valences. Can't wait to that new-old valence back on the rear.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.