Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fabulous new gt rocker panels in development
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Will not be appropriate for this section when ready but I wanted everyone to see the progress on the exact gt replica rocker panel complete with factory number cast from the last six factory pair!!!!!! they look great and even have the original factory mottled finish on them!
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 18 2008, 08:56 AM) *

Will not be appropriate for this section when ready but I wanted everyone to see the progress on the exact gt replica rocker panel complete with factory number cast from the last six factory pair!!!!!! they look great and even have the original factory mottled finish on them!

i've been waiting for a good replica! i'll need a set as soon as they're available ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
eric914
Very nice. Keep us posted on availability.
Zimms
I am looking for a set to match the flares I bought last spring! Any idea on the timeline for availability?
eric914
I just reread the title and for $150 a set I am definatly in. Count be as second in line behind of SirAndy.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
one mold is done and running the other by the end of the month. I was really tired of high priced parts that did not fit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
drgchapman
Those look great, George!
Jury still out regarding fitment.........
stephenaki
Sweet! I'm in!
atsealevel914
Steel,composite?
Eric_Shea
In
racerx9146
Yup, if it was steel I be on the phone now, fiberglass is fiberglass, its just a matter of how bad it doesnt fit!

QUOTE(atsealevel914 @ Mar 18 2008, 01:18 PM) *

Steel,composite?

carr914
If Eric's in, I'm in
effutuo101
I am in. This will happen once I finish my 5 lug conversion this (hopefully) weekend. Can we get em in bling CF?
keske968
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Mar 18 2008, 04:50 PM) *

Yup, if it was steel I be on the phone now, fiberglass is fiberglass, its just a matter of how bad it doesnt fit!

QUOTE(atsealevel914 @ Mar 18 2008, 01:18 PM) *

Steel,composite?

So are they steel or fiberglass? These posts don't really clear it up for me...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
These are fiberglass just like the original factory ones. The gt we have here has factory fiberglass, the 916 we have here has factory fiberglass, and the so called "last six" has factory fiberglass. Steel were never made in the flared variety. (although we do make an excellent steel repro standard rocker panel!!)
rfuerst911sc
I may be interested in a pair.
roadster fan
well, i guess i am in.............man i hope they just fit decent. I guess with 'glass i will just get practice with fitment if they don't.

Oh yeah, if Eric is in I am in too. Then I can blame him biggrin.gif jk

Jim
dug
I'm in for a set.
dug
Richard Casto
I am getting very close to welding on my flairs from the earlier group buy. I want the rockers in hand prior to starting the flairs. If you had these available today and fitment was good, I would buy them.

I had been planning on buying the Getty part as they seem to be the current best bet regarding fitment. So hurry up and start making them! biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
i hear you with regards to horribly fitting fg items.

k
jk76.914
They are sorely needed. How long are they? My flares were put on without benefit of rockers to help space them. Thanks. Jim
PeeGreen 914
Oh... I'm in on this one George. Nice work.
dgw
I'm interested, although I haven't yet decided if I will put on my flares or not.
t collins
Hey George,
Whats the latest progress report on the GT rockers? And have a birthday3.gif beerchug.gif
Thanks,
Tom
jfort
figures, i bought some somewhere else and they are being put on today as my flare project is finally coming to an end
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The latest update is that the one mold is made and ready and Steve is working on the 2nd mold and we have production on the drivers side and have yet to finish the mold for the pass side. These are exact duplicates of the original factory so will have NO PROBLEM with the fit GUARANTEED! Within two more months to full production.
Richard Casto
I am probably weeks if not a handful of days away from buying the Getty rockers.

Any news George?
Porcharu
I'm in! Send me a bill biggrin.gif
burton73
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 25 2008, 01:44 PM) *

The latest update is that the one mold is made and ready and Steve is working on the 2nd mold and we have production on the drivers side and have yet to finish the mold for the pass side. These are exact duplicates of the original factory so will have NO PROBLEM with the fit GUARANTEED! Within two more months to full production.

George,

What is the length of the Drivers side where it meets the flare? My set that I got from Getty is shorter on the driver side by over 1 inch and rather than adding length to it as they said to do I would rather not bother. When you line them up on the ground you can see the difference. I got a set from a different company that was of bad quality and then got the Getty that was very good but I do not feel like cutting and blending plastic.

Bob Burton
3d914
If these turn out as advertised - - I'm certainly interested in a pair.
Dr Evil
I am in need of a pair
JRust
I haven't flared mine yet but I'll take a set when they are done smile.gif
smdubovsky
I'll need a pair.
db9146
I'll take a set.
PanelBilly
I started to re-work the set that I got from AA with my steel flairs and got frustratrated. I'm very interested, but I'm going to wait and let some of you guys try them first. I'd rather buy another set than make the ones I have work.

Hey George, Do we get credit for buying the last generation?
nomore9one4
Any word on these Dr.?
ConeDodger
I'm in George...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we should have them this week, hopefully, MANY of them! Even have the factory part number stamped into them from the mold off of the original! Of course they will need to be painted, they come black but are out of the mold and have the rough factory finish on them, just like the original which was not smooth, but finished much like the factory hardtop.
nomore9one4
smile.gif Please put me down for a set if the shipping is reasonable.
seanery
hmmm...perfect fit - guaranteed?

We'll see. I need a set, but will let the dust settle first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.