Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powder coat ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I have a bunch of cans of powder that have gotten moist and the powder has lumped together. How can I unlump it since I can not heat it to dry it out? confused24.gif
TravisNeff
one of those hand held coffee grinders?
biosurfer1
shake the crap out of the cans?

works for sugar
smontanaro
I would think you could heat it, just not to its melting point. I thought the powder had a pretty high melting point, 400F or thereabouts.

Skip Montanaro
McMark
Powder has a shelf life, just because of this issue. I wonder if you could vacuum seal the extra with a packet of silica gel. idea.gif

I would guess the coffee grinder wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe just sift it through a screen?
scotty b
Toss them. You would most likely never get the powder back to a useable consistensy. I would also quesiton whether the chemical makeup has been alterd. PM John. He deals with the powder on a higher level then I did. He could probably tell you IF it is possible to re-constitute it. I doubt it though.
spare time toys
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 18 2008, 07:01 PM) *

Toss them. You would most likely never get the powder back to a useable consistensy. I would also quesiton whether the chemical makeup has been alterd. PM John. He deals with the powder on a higher level then I did. He could probably tell you IF it is possible to re-constitute it. I doubt it though.

John who?
John
John (me).

Anyway, throw it out. It is cheap. At $2-$3/lb it isn't worth worrying about.

I doubt that it would ever fluidize.
Gint
Powder's cheap...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.