Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone ever use DZUS fasteners?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I have these DZUS fasteners. I've never used them anyone have any idea how they go together? Anyone have a link to instructions for installing them? I thought these were installed with rivets. They must be small ones. 1/8 inch are too big.
Jeroen
The little spring goes behind the base-plate
Either pop them or weld them
The coil ends of the spring should be against the backplate and the x-section of the spring should be farthest away from the baseplate
This way, you can bend the spring to tighten the DZUS-es (depending on the thickness of the panel)

The quarter turn unit goes on top of the panel and can be pop riveted
You should slightly turn the the "quarter turn unit" so that it's rivets don't interfear with the rivits that hold the spring onto the baseplate (otherwise you won't get a nice flush fit of the panel)

Got no pics, so I hope this makes any sence blink.gif

Do a search for "dzus"
There was a similar thread not too long ago with some pics

cheers,

Jeroen
L8Apex
I think there's a website out there that tells you how they mount.

check www.aircraftspruce.com and www.pegasusautoracing.com and www.racerpartswholesale.com

Here's and excellent book about fasteners and stuff like that http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books
MJHanna
not the best pic but see the 2 up close
machina
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Jan 14 2004, 02:15 PM)
not the best pic but see the 2 up close

what class and type of car is that?

dr
Air_Cooled_Nut
From HPBooks "High Performance Hardware -- Fastener Technology For Auto Racers and Enthusiasts"

Gets pretty technical on the physics side of thing -- which I really enjoy -- but not a bad publication over-all.
seanery
OK Alfred, what have you done with Toby!?
MJHanna
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Jan 14 2004, 12:40 PM)
what class and type of car is that?

dr

72 911 convertible wink.gif PCA GT3 cool.gif
MJHanna
better pic :lol:All of my spring plates had the spring attached when I bought them. Yours are the first ones I’ve send come in separate pieces. sad.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 14 2004, 10:54 AM)

Is that a scan from Road and Track? laugh.gif
TimT
I had a cad drawing I did showing how to use dzus fasteners on my work pc, Ill see if I havent deleted it.

They are pretty easy to install if a little time consuming,
waterboy
Ive been thinking about using them for attaching my trunk panel, not sure what size you need for sheet metal attachment..
rick 918-S
Thanks all. I need to go out and find some really small rivets someplace tonight. I want to get the passanger compartment firewall done this week.
redshift
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 14 2004, 01:54 PM)

ROFLMAO!

Good one!

M
ChrisFoley
They use 1/8" rivets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.