Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Good Fit 914 Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thack
Any suggestions on a made to fit a 914 car cover and preferably waterproof?
PeeGreen 914
Nope, I just bought a very nice car cover that was generic in size. It is very nice and works great. Just get the nicest you can afford.
auerbach
Try California Car Cover. Make sure that you tell them that you want a waterproff cover. Do logo delete and have them embroider what you want on the cover. Mine says 914.
McMark
This is WHERE IT'S AT!

Hands down the best 914 cover.
auerbach
And the rest of the car is covered how?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 18 2008, 08:24 PM) *

This is WHERE IT'S AT!

I have one of those. Works great. But I have a California car cover as well that I bought at the store to help. Love them both for different reasons.
TeenerTim
I bought a cover from Automotion back before they were bought out by Performance Products. It was made of Technalon and the counter top display they had sold me. There was a two part container with a layer of the fabric seperating the top part from the bottom part. The top part had water in it and the bottom had air and was dry. The bottom also had a hose with a squeezeball so you could force air into it. When you did this you could see the air bubbles in the top part as the air would pass through the fabric. It sold me.
PRS914-6
QUOTE(auerbach @ Mar 18 2008, 07:18 PM) *

Try California Car Cover. Make sure that you tell them that you want a waterproff cover. Do logo delete and have them embroider what you want on the cover. Mine says 914.

I bought an indoor cover from them called Dustop. It works great and I found their customer service excellent. The cover fits like a glove. I'm sure they can line you up with an outside cover since they have many to choose from.
JmuRiz
I have the umbrella cover that I keep for road-trips (helps keep the car dry when a downpour happens...the seals aren't what they used to be).

For storage, in the garage or outside, I have a Noah cover from California Car cover, fits great and helped when I was storing the car as my garage was being built.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 18 2008, 11:24 PM) *

This is WHERE IT'S AT!

agree.gif +1

I have a dust cover for when the car is parked for long times in the garage, but if it is outdoors for any amount of time I use Perry's. Keeps sun off the rubber and vinyl, keeps water out if I were ever to get the car out in the rain or was caught in an inconvenient downpour. It is small and fitted to the shape of our cars. The straps are adjustable. It simply rocks.
McMark
QUOTE(auerbach @ Mar 18 2008, 07:30 PM) *

And the rest of the car is covered how?

Paint! laugh.gif

He's talking about waterproof, so I'll bet money that we're talking about a cover to keep water from entering the passenger compartment. The umbrella cover does that.
G e o r g e
let me search for the link to this
jeeperjohn56
If you want one thats water-proof, I bought one from cover- king the one they call stormproof. wasn't cheap about $299, got it through automotion perforance parts. I would use a dry version under it for the paint. John
atomix8
I also bought the performance products version. The "high level" of outdoor cover, storm proof I believe. I bought it last December and have been pretty happy, I have flares and they make a custom fit for that.

HOWEVER! The pattern does NOT have mirror pockets, so I have to fold my mirrors everytime. Also, with 916 fiberglass bumpers (which probably are the cause) the cover does not stay on very well in high winds. So I use a 4 foot bungee cord on the security cable loops to hold it on.

Does a great job of keeping water, snow, leaves off the paint, and seems to breath very well.

If it lasts, well worth the almost $300!

The 914 is happily topless & coverless in the 50 degree sun right now though smile.gif
Thack
Lots of options. I need something while my car is outside because I'm working on my Harley. Those Harleys have so many parts that it's taking up my half of the garage.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 18 2008, 07:24 PM) *

This is WHERE IT'S AT!

Thanks Mark!

I've got five in stock.
jim_hoyland
Most of the car cover makers have patterns for about every car made. I have bought two over the years. The most recent is the Tecalon ( sp) and it perfectly fits the 914. I ordered the mirror pockets and had a sailmaker sew them in to fit.

I bought my lasr cover at Grand Prix Performance in Newport Beach. I'll be glad to stop by and get a price--it's near my work.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.