Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yahoo! I got to drive the 914 on dry road.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Damn, it finally stopped raining! I got to drive around on the Kuhmo's and the car handles really nice. Had to roll the fenders some to get alittle more clearance. Boy I can't wait to drive it at a AX now. Maybe I'll run down to the big UW parking lot and drive around it some...before the cops come.

Geoff
Dave Cawdrey
That was fun, thanks for the ride Geoff. Handles great clap56.gif

I was downstairs taking pics when I heard that familiar rumble. I looked up and there was an orange teener driving.gif . Who the F is that I said to myself...
Dave Cawdrey
Blackmail Picture clap56.gif Damn you Geoff. You didnt wash yer hands... wink.gif
Bleyseng
Hehe, now you have to wash the baby blanket cuz it has 914 grease on it....
I was test driving didn't know I was gonna have to hold a baby!

Geoff
mueba.gif
ChrisReale
Geoff, you say you got the Kuhmo's cheap....where? beer.gif
Bleyseng
205x50 Kuhmo Victoracers from TireRack $115 each and the 4 7x15 Cookie cutters for $250. Depends on your idea of cheap I guess, kinda broke the bank here so don't tell Monique. shhh

Geoff aktion035.gif
ChrisReale
4 Cookie cutters for $250 is a steal! Tire Rack prices are also good....cool pray.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 20 2003, 05:48 PM)
Damn, it finally stopped raining! I got to drive around on the Kuhmo's and the car handles really nice. Had to roll the fenders some to get alittle more clearance. Boy I can't wait to drive it at a AX now. Maybe I'll run down to the big UW parking lot and drive around it some...before the cops come.

Geoff

Geoff-
Your post reminded me of a tip a friend suggested on DIY skidpads. I just lowered my car (4.25" from ground), corrected and added negative camber, bit of toe-out up front, etc., with new wheels and tires.

It's a way different car than it was! It feels great, but I also feel a little lost driving it and think I need to learn how to drive this new beast!

As you mentioned, the first thing I'm going to do is find a big-ass parking lot . Then I'm going to try something a friend (and very fast AX'r), suggested:

Go around in circles (60') in a tall gear (like third) and slowly increase speed. The tall gear is to minimize the effect of being on or off throttle. Eventually the car will break loose and you will find whether your car oversteers or understeers.

If you're lucky, you may find yourself in a four wheel drift that turns in slightly. If so, pickup a six-pack on the way home and celebrate!
If not, go to a nearby gas station, change your tire pressures while waiting for the cops to leave, then go back and try again.

Sorry if this is something you may have already done, but maybe there are others who will read this and can benefit.

Joseph
75 2.0L AX bound
Bleyseng
I was trying that some with Dave in the car and it understeers some. I will do more testing today. I could tell Dave was enjoying it as he had this huge sh*t eating grin on his face!
Geoff mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.