Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI: Six for sale on Rennlist classifieds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
Factory six with MFI 2.4 for sale at $5800 on Rennlist classifieds. Says it's very rough. Might be good project for someone in the Atlanta area.
Gint
I have some pics from the seller at home.
914werke
Whats "Rough" ? sawzall-smiley.gif laugh.gif
soloracer
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 14 2004, 11:40 AM)
Whats "Rough" ? sawzall-smiley.gif laugh.gif

The sound my dog makes when he has to be let outside? cool.gif
Porsche Rescue
Seller says "rough". Have to ask him what that means. Sounds like a beginning of a project rather than a driver, especially at that price.
I would have posted a link if I knew how. Anyone want to teach me?
Gint
Here's an email reply I got from the seller on 12/30/2003:

Hi there!  Picture Zip that I had appears to have gotten corruptable and I am not able to attach to an Email.   I have a number of people making
plans to come down here after the 1st of the year.  I wil probably take some more pics if necessary.

In a nutshell the best thing is if you have access to a donor 914-4 chassis or have a neat 914-4 already built and want all the parts to convert it
into a real 6.

I used ot live up in Buffalo and worked with Interwerks.  We built up 2 914-6 GT cars for Vintage racing so I have lots of experience at this.
Best way to do this is have some type of donor.,  I attempt to cut and weld in enough to make this a solid car is a very bad and expensive idea.

Do not know what you are looking for but if this is remotely something you like to tackle give me a yell back.  If you are one of those who like to
part things out on Ebay this has easily 15K in parts alone with all the ID tags. mounts tanks,steerning column and a real 2.4 S motor.  I would
rather sell it as a wholecar and see it saved.  I have another already finished 914-6 race car and now have a paid drive in an endurance series so I
do not reastically see when I will ever get this project.
 Where do you live?  I am in Atlanta(Needless to say, A great change from Buffalo!)

Thanks!  John
Gint
Jim,

posting links from Rennlist Ads is a bigger PITA than most. Lemme help...

Rennlist Ad link for the 914/6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.