Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well I did it...just blew.........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
a grand on a 39" scissor lift for my shop...it hurt let me tell ya, but I KNOW I will be pulling my engine out and brakes and tires and....well you get the picture now that it is near done and I start beating on it.....

Click to view attachment

Harbor freight hope I will not regret it! hands.gif
SteveL
... Well I did it...just blew.........

I was wondering how that sentence was going to end!!!

sheeplove.gif
So.Cal.914
Yeah, it reminded me of the joke:

This fella goes into a bar and asks, "Bartender", in a sollumn voice, "line me up

five shots of 151". "Sure buddy" trying to cheer up his patron "Whats the

celebration?" setting the first of five shots on the bar. " Well it's kinda

personal..." "I am celebrating my first blowjob." reaching for the first shot on

the bar
"Well!" "Thats GREAT." raiseing his hands in the air and then

reaching for the 151, his glance switches back to his new patron
"How about I

buy you your next drink." reaching for another shot glass "Naaaah."

finishing the forth of the five shots
" If these five don't get the taste out of my

mouth...Nothing will".Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
ChinaFrieghtTools. huh.gif

Looks cool, hope it works out for you.
SirAndy
those things scare me ... huh.gif
jhadler
Seems the midrise lift thread has arrisen again here...

Looks like a nice piece of kit, hope it works well for ya!

I'm looking at a used scissor lift right now (the price is right), but it only has a claimed rise height of 24". Does anyone think that's enough for an engine drop??

-Josh2
John
I just want to see the guy in your picture (using the electric appliance in a puddle of water) shock the crap out of himself.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jhadler @ Mar 20 2008, 10:06 AM) *

Seems the midrise lift thread has arrisen again here...

Looks like a nice piece of kit, hope it works well for ya!

I'm looking at a used scissor lift right now (the price is right), but it only has a claimed rise height of 24". Does anyone think that's enough for an engine drop??

-Josh2

In my personal opinion, Yes. I have pulled them with less room.
ericread
Looks cool. Please keep us updated on your experience with this - plusses and minusususus.

Thanks!
RockinOldSchool
Just out of curiosity for safety's sake... does that rack have safety locks? I've heard of lifts suffering from hydraulic failures before and it'd be scary to not have some kind of backup.
degreeoff
GREAT joke man!! The topic was covered here.... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....lift&page=3 It does have the saftey locks and from what I can see all I am realy buying is heavy metal as it wieghs 800lbs!! I just looked at a realy nice rotary low rise but the 23" of tavel wouldnt be enough for me so I just bit the bullet and bought it new.

I do plan on making a different rack for the pump (have welder, will build cool shit!)

I will keep the world updated!!

Josh
iamchappy
Just make sure you figure out the balancing point. Remember....... Qarl.......
PRS914-6
I had one and immediately kicked myself in the ass for not buying one 10 years ago. Very, very handy. While a lot of HF stuff is kind of crappy, the lift is nicely built, works great for engine removal, brakes etc. You won't regret the purchase.

My only complaint is that it just didn't raise high enough for me so I sold it and bought a full rise Bend-Pak lift that will raise a full 6 feet. 3 times the money but I figure I'll use it the rest of my life. I'll sink it in the concrete and delete the ramps. It will be flush with the concrete
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.