Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Farewell 74
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Ferg
Some of you saw that I sold my 74 in the Classifieds... Well it's getting picked up next week, thought I would post a few parting shoots. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Ferg
Couple more smile.gif I'm rather proud of. Underside of each Hellhole

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 20 2008, 08:05 AM) *

Some of you saw that I sold my 74

I thought I saw you mention that, but really didn't think you'd do it. sad.gif

Somebody got a fantastic car, whatever they may have paid for it.

And now your plans are.......... confused24.gif

Paul
Ferg
I just had to have this... and could not keep both.
It's a twin to the car I owned last year, only this one needs nothing. 75 Carrera #391.

Click to view attachment

And here is the one I sold last year, #171, I fell in love with it, but It needed to much rust repair for me to keep.

Click to view attachment

Rear seats for my kids will be nice.

I'm not leaving 914's, I will own another.

Ferg
John
nevermind.

Nice 911.
Ferg
Nevermind??

Oh, and I'm also getting a 3.2 short stroke Andial built motor in the deal. 46mm webers, ported heads the whole deal. Stock 2.7 is in the Carrera now, but I have a lift and that car is dying for a 3.2 shades.gif driving.gif

Anybody know how long start to finish it took a 911 to be built those days? Cert says it rolled off the line May 18 1975, I was born April 26, 1975 so we are very close to the same age. smile.gif

Can you guys tell, I'm just a wee bit excited w00t.gif
Ferg
Ferg
Someone wanted to see pics of the Clear bra I installed.

First shot, it's really almost impossible to see. Second shot I opened the hood and took a shot of the edge. Bra is to the left, to the right is regular paint.

Ferg

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I realize this whole thread borderline's what this forum is about, but this is a winning car locally shades.gif
John
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 20 2008, 10:10 AM) *

Nevermind??

I was going to ask about the original fuel pump and the original fuel pump wires, but I thought I shouldn't.

(and now I see the original equipment invisible bra....)

The car really looks nice. Much nicer than when it left the factory.

Nice 911.
jonferns
Have any pics of the interior?
Ferg
I have a ton of close ups, but no "overall" shots... What do you want to see?

Ferg beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
Ferg,
That was truly one of the nicest 914s out there in the "World". You and your Orange car are going to be sorely missed around here. A beerchug.gif for your new acquisition. Our loss is the tail-draggers gain. BTW, how long did you own that 914?

Paul
Ferg
Just under 3 years.

Yes, it's very nice, but not near as nice as some of you guys. My goal for the car was to make it as nice as possible but still enjoy, without having a heart attack every time it went out for a drive. If you know me, I still treated it like a garage queen, and used the car very sparingly.

I also obviously departed from stock in some area's. (bumpers, carbs, rennshift, konis, falken's ect ect) I must say, from a driving/sound/power standpoint, I prefer carbs ph34r.gif to fuel injection. That being said, I understand the originality aspect of fuel injection, and can really appreciate a completely stock original car.

Oh and you won't miss me, I'll be here.

Ferg
Pat Garvey
Ferg,

Sorry to see such a beautiful 914 leave an appreciate owner, but understand the tail dragger lust.

So, where did the 74 go?

Pat
Ferg
Going to Phil in Daytona Beach FL. He's a great guy, just not online much at all.

Ferg.
JeffBowlsby
Mike that is an exquisite car. I remember the white car you had at the 2005 WCC too, just as nice.

So how do you do it? Do you just find these impeccable examples and just maintain them or do you find good cars and take them to the next level? How many gazillions of hours do you spend detailing each week? Do you do any hard work' like paint or engine overhauls, or do you just hire that out and stick to the Zymol and microfiber?

Do you have a job, wife, kids? How do you do it, whats your secret so some of us can emulate you? If I had a car that looked that nice...
Ferg
I only buy nice cars to start. This one was not quite "done" when I got it and I spent plenty of $ on it.

I put more into my white six than what this car just sold for. blink.gif

I do minor stuff, but can't paint or weld, and really only self teach myself the mechanics, never done a engine build. I have some good contacts and work many trades for the work I can't or won't do...

I do spend a fair amount of time detailing, but once a car get's to a certain state, it's not that hard to keep it clean.

The way these cars have climbed in value in the past five years sure works in one's favor, and they are sure a hell of a lot more fun than looking at my 401 statement go down every month.

Ferg
sixnotfour
75 Carrera #391.

I thought of you when I saw it was for sale .
Nice Cars
davep
Hey Ferg, have you already removed the VIN from your profile? All I see in there is a 1971. On a great car like the '74 I'd like to have the complete file on the car. Some really nice shots of the #'s on the car would be useful for reference material.
Ferg
will do. totally forgot about doing that vin thing.

Ferg
orthobiz
On the clear bra:

Did you have someone install a kit?
Or did you buy the clear stuff and put it on the
hood and headlight covers?

Paul
Ferg
I have "a guy" who has done all my cars here in town.

I have watched him do it about 5 times now. I would like to try someday, but not on a car as nice as this...

It is on the headlight covers and the eyebrows as well, it's one sheet as it goes on and then cut with a blade. That's where you need the skills as to not go to deep scoring the sheet and hit paint.

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.