Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9146 prices are up I guess
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerx9146
These cars where nice but not mean ready for concours for anything! I guess prices are up... Makes me think I was crazy not to jump on the 8K rust bucket I saw a few months ago...

Daron

Click to view attachment

car 1

car 2
SLITS
And some people pay $10.40 a gallon for drinking water.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Not a bad rate of depreciation for a car that didn't sell well when new.

Paul
Ferg
That yellow one was well bought if it was nice as it seemed, that's a sweet motor for a six.

Ferg
type47
on the orange car, it looks like bidding got real hot the last 20 minutes!
rhcb914
I would bet these are going over seas. Prices like these are one of the benefits of a weak $.
Michael N
What, if any, do you feel the yellow car's final price was effected by not having the original engine? Do you think it would have sold for more if it had the original engine and not the 2.4S engine?
Pat Garvey
Spiff up your 4's boys & girls! Shit (gold) flows downhill!

Better be nice though. I see a nice plain-Jane four banger going this year for $25K. Hmmm!
GeorgeRud
I thought when the last Excellence came out and the longhood 911 prices were going through the roof that things were going nuts, but these prices are making me wonder if folks are wising up and the next Speedsters are finally making their mark. I often thought that I'd like a 993 someday with a tiptronic to drive more often here in the city around Chicago. Now, maybe sell the original -6, keep the big engined conversion -6, and go for a 993 twin turbo!

Let's see if these prices hold, or are they still going up. I never thought I'd see this sort of pricing on these cars.
1970 Neun vierzehn

Better be nice though. I see a nice plain-Jane four banger going this year for $25K. Hmmm!

You're not gonna get 25 large for your 914 when everybody and their niece knows your car needs a new rain tray. poke.gif

Paul
dw914er
agree.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

but seriously, pat is right, these cars values are going up. the 911 had held its prices, and the 356 went up alot recently, and i figure that the 914 will see that change too.
Gustl
QUOTE(rhcb914 @ Mar 21 2008, 02:27 AM) *

I would bet these are going over seas. Prices like these are one of the benefits of a weak $.

agree.gif - both cars are more than cheap, compared with regular prices in Europe

I already saw cars selling in the USA for a very nice price which came to Europe and now being in the market again for 10k more sad.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
carr914
I think that the yellow car benefitted from the orange car entering the eBay sweepstakes, which in turn raised the boiling point for the orange car. The orange car, while nice, (not really original as Advertised, since it had been repainted, etc) was nothing over the top special. The yellow car was OK,but did not have the original engine. Neither car was a concours car. Big money and I was on the phone last night with other -6 owners and we were all surprised at the final numbers. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm glad I've got mine.

T.C.
carr914
And I'm sure that Steve could get more than $25k for the Sahara Beige 4 cyl beauty.

T.C.
VaccaRabite
So I wonder if the 924, 944, 928 market is going to shoot up in the next few years.

Zach
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 20 2008, 11:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey)
everybody[/i] and their niece knows your car needs a new rain tray. poke.gif

Paul

....and original vintage tires. <grin>
Gustl
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 21 2008, 12:27 PM) *
Neither car was a concours car. Big money and I was on the phone last night with other -6 owners and we were all surprised at the final numbers. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm glad I've got mine.

T.C.

if you see the current USD-EUR conversion I'm absolutely not surprised

US $31.766,00 ~~~ EUR 20.604,53 ... the yellow one
US $38.855,00 ~~~ EUR 25.202,70 ... the orange one

when the EUR started, it was more or less equal to the USD
now think about the EUR prices would be USD prices
20 - 25k USD would be a reasonable price for these cars, correct ??

you have no chance to get a 914-6 like those two cars for 25k EUR here in Europe

matching numbers (like the orange car) is hardly in the market, because most of the guys converted their cars to bigger engines
the last couple of matching numbers 914-6 on the European market that I saw were about 35-40k EUR (54-62k USD) ... and they seemed not to be so nice like those two eBay cars

with this conversion ratio it's easy to take the risk and buy a nice car without PPI - and the shipping and customs fees and low too ...

as I told you before ... I absolutely understand this development

bye1.gif Gustl
Gustl
here's a nice example that I just digged out of my database:

in July 2007 I really wanted to buy a very nice 914-6 from the USA
maybe some of you remember, I discussed the car here on 914World
there was even a nice guy doing a PPI for me
after thinking a lot about all together I passed on it
the seller asked USD 27,500
the car was really nice, but no matching numbers - it had the original tranny, but not the original engine ... although it was a correct engine number for the MY'70 (rebuilt to 2.2 E spec)

then the car sold to another guy from Europe, a well known dealer
for at least 5 months it's for sale again, but now for EUR 34,500
with the current conversion ratio this is USD 53,000

and back in the days I did some research how much I would have to spend on shipping and all other side costs

as you can see ... importing a nice car from the USA to Europe can save you a lot of money biggrin.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
Gustl
did any of you recognize the 914-6 in the Classifieds ??

Asking price:$ 45,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but now the best - I was offered exactly this car last year
here's the beginning of the mail:
Subject: Re: 914-6 for sale?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:17:57 -0800

Hi Wolfgang:

The car is as follows:

VIN 9140431230, is a 1970 two owner car (I am the 2nd owner), purchased in El Cajon (San Diego) California.
[...]

the mail endet as follows:
I will ask $30,000 for the car, and the extra set of 14" fuchs and tires, near perfect Michelins

isn't this kind of sick ??????
50% more in one year ...

screwy.gif Gustl
swl
ah but there can be a significant difference between asking price and selling price. Only time will tell if he can sell it at $45K
TJB/914
bump, good stuff.

T
Midtowner
I am sitting on the sidelines wondering how this market affects resale values of '73 2.0 California cars in equally clean condition and fully documented history. popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.