Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pic for Jim Kelly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
byndbad914
pic from a track day awhile back (can't seem to put pics in PMs) and you will be able to look closely and see a blue hose that comes out of the drivers side of the trans and crosses over to the back breather canister up on the passenger side. That -6 (3/8") blue hose is T'd into two black 3/8" hoses. I made the "Y" because if I didn't allow the fluid that would puke up into the tank (YES, that far uphill!) to drain back down into the trans, I would puke fluid out of the breather. The 3/8" hose can be pushed into the fitting on the canister and the bottom of the canister is another barbed piece.

So have a bit of a loop at the canister that has a single interface with the old fill plug on the trans. Hard to see but if you look close enough you can make the black hoses out if you originate your view at the canister inlet and bottom outlet. On the 930 box there is a spot on the bottom that you can slightly pinch the blue 3/8" hose into and it has stayed for me so far.

You can also see the spacers between the CVs and trans flanges (shiny alum part). Click on pic for full size.

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
thanks for the pic and the awesome webpage

http://www.geocities.com/byndbad914/update.htm

i like the idea of an inverted 930 box for a sbc - no rp flip costs.

jim
byndbad914
thumb3d.gif I like having it inverted if you can run a dry sump, which I stepped up to with the tube chassis car. Then you can get the engine really low in the car and the low point is actually the "bellhousing" of the trans, which you can't get around that diameter regardless of direction. My pan is about 1" shorter than the bell diam, and I put the "bottom" of the trans about 1" up in my chassis just to be safe (if I go off-roading by accident and drag the bottom, I won't also be dragging the trans). So my pan is about 2" up from the bottom of my chassis.

That is the real benefit of inversion... getting everything as low as possible. I would much rather spend $2000 on a dry sump setup (by the time you buy the pan, tank and freakin' fittings and lines these days) for my engine than $2500 to flip the R&P any day. You CANNOT beat the benefits of an external 4 stage oil pump setup IMO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.