Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mounting Hyfire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Wheres a good spot to mount a hyfire 6al ? any pics would be great Thanks
Brando
I mounted mine in the upper-right area of the firewall, above my ECU under the decklid. I mounted my tach adapter right next to it.
Jake Raby
I put mine on the forward bulkhead in the rear trunk, just low enough for the targa top to still be stored there..

Keeping the unit dry is a necessity.
Joseph Mills
Odd - I just happen to run across this pic the other day...

My MSD unit was mounted in the trunk, but when I went to the HyFire unit I mounted mine on the passenger side in the engine bay about where the battery used to be located (it was relocated to the front trunk).

Never had any issues with it (although I rarely drove in the rain). I've seen a lot of track cars with it mounted on the fire wall in the driver's compartment in the center behind the seats.
Borderline
I mounted mine on the firewall where the FI control unit used to be. Sorry, no photos, as a matter of fact I can't even go take one. I just sent it off to be repaired!! I hope you have better luck. This is my second unit. The rev limiter on the first one didn't work and the second one just died. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.