Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fianlly ordered a triad, cermic coat or not?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Hey guys, in the process of ordering a triad from Dave. Finally made up my mind. Im wondering if it's best to see if he can ship it without paint and have it cermanic coated, or just go with painted for now. What's your thoughts. Any idea on what the coating will cost and if they come in matte colors?

Danka
PeeGreen 914
I'd just have Dave paint it up. It looks very nice and he uses a very nice paint to do it. I would imagine ceramic coating would just add more weight that you don't really need.
pin31
agree.gif
Mine came with a Triad (which I really like) just painted. It needs a repaint this spring which should be no biggie.

pete-stevers
when you climb under your car a couple of years later....i bet you like me...would wish it was ceramic coated
my recomendation over paint....
tod914
I was thinking long term presservation as well. Im not sure how long the paint typically lasts on one. The bursch I had, the paint burned off way too fast. Sounds like Dave uses better paint.

Thanks guys
Rav914
Have you thought about Jet-Hot coating?
Jeffs9146
ceramic coated is my recomendation over paint....

agree.gif

I did my 6 heat exchangers for $380 and you can get all kinds of colors

PS: I think Jet-Hot is a Ceramic Coating......?
JimW
I had my Triad done with Cermakrome last week for $110
quadracerx
QUOTE(JimW @ Mar 21 2008, 04:17 PM) *

I had my Triad done with Cermakrome last week for $110

I would recommend Ceramic Coating...and ask the coater if it is possible to do the inside and the outside....that way you are fully protected....it may cost more but in the long run...it will last forever... aktion035.gif
Jeffs9146
and ask the coater if it is possible to do the inside and the outside....

agree.gif

Thats what I did and thats why it cost $380.
Krieger
I had my bursch done 7 years ago. Not a speck of rust and completely coated still. I wouldn't hesitate to do this again.
Gint
And if you decide to have it coated, you could probably have Dave ship right to the coater and they will in turn ship to you when complete. I've bought headers for other cars that way.
tod914
Good idea Gint, now to find a coater.
rhodyguy
the coater jim used has a number of options. no colors that i'm aware of. black to shades of grey to chrome looking. i went with a matte black. too lazy to keep the chrome look shiny. the product holds up well esp in the harsh environment on the rear of the car. 4 years, lots of miles and no complaints.

k
Gint
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 21 2008, 11:34 PM) *

Good idea Gint, now to find a coater.
My last set went from the header manufacturer to JetHot. But that was quite a few years ago now. There may be something better/different/preferred out there at this point. That's why I'm reading this thread. wink.gif

BTW, While Dave does paint his that's probably a cost/benefit decision. Dave himself might have some thoughts on coating his product. It's worth asking him about it.
dflesburg
What about POR-20 ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.