Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 flare project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
I had decided on 225/50 16 (on 7") front and 245/50 16 (on 8") rear. my pre-flare tires were 205/45 and I like the lower height look. so, I am thinking about going with /45 again.

I find yoko AVS 100 in both 225 and 245 or hankook RS-2 in both sizes.

It will be mainly street use and maybe DE.

any opinions or other recommendations?
jfort
I see that toyo makes PROXES T1-S in both sizes. any experience or comments?
rick 918-S
I couldn't hardly find any tires in those sizes when I was shopping. I have 8" and 9" though. I like the Proxies but man those things are color crayons!

Maybe they would hook up on the 914 but I have 18" X 8.5 with Proxies on my M3. I could melt the black top off it was liquid. If you wanted you could kill a set of tires in a day.
jfort
any opinions on the yokos or hankooks?
GeorgeRud
I've got the Yoko AVS on mine, though I used the larger aspect profile to keep a more vintage correct look. They are nice and stick well, though not in league with the latest, stickiest tires out there. I you're looking for a nice, streetable performance tire, you'll like them.

Never having driven on Hankooks, I can't compare them. Give Tire Rack a buzz and they should have some information on both. I've always found them helpful, and since they have their own autocross course immediately next to the warehouse, their opinion is based on more than what they read in the tire's advertisement.
boxstr
Here is a set of Fuchs 225/50ZR16 and 265/45ZR16 New never run,Kumho Victroracers V700s
Wheels are 8x16 and 10x16 with 5" offset. The black on the Fuchs is powdercoating. Oh they are for sale.
CCL
PRS914-6
QUOTE(jfort @ Mar 22 2008, 02:50 PM) *

any opinions on the yokos or hankooks?

I've run the Yoko ES 100's on my 911.....worst tire I ever owned. They were only 1/2 way worn and yanked them off for some Rs-2's The Hankooks are much stickier for the same price. I have Rs-2's on my 914 too and like them a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.