Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help High Pressure Hydraulic Fitting Leak On my A6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I changed the hydraulic hose from pump to steering rack on my daughter's A6 and I can't get one of the fittings to stop leaking. I don't believe there was a banjo washer or other type of gasket on it originally. This thing should just tighten up and not leak.

Any suggestions on how to get this thing not to leak? I disconnected and reconnected the fitting several times, cleaning everything off. Still no luck.

Thanks,
Spoke
jcd914
Look closely for cracks or gouges in the surface of either fitting. Then try tightening the fitting just snug then put a wrench on the hex of the flexible hose and turn it slightly back and forth (just a few degrees, they don't flex much). then tighten the nut a little more and again turn the flexible hose and turn it slightly back and forth. The idea is to get the cone shaped surface of the flex hose to seat as best possible onto the ball shaped end of the solid line.
There is a lot of pressure (1800psi) in that line and it does not take much to allow a leak.

Good Luck
Jim
1971 914 1.7
1996 A6 Quattro
1993 S4
Other misc domestic and asian vehicles
Spoke
Jim,

Thanks, this is what I needed. I'll try seating it like that.

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.