Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CB rotary fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I finally installed a new (used) fuel tank. I poured fuel in and tried to start it up. The pump came on for a few seconds then quit. Could it have failed because it had been dry for a few weeks? Anyone had this or something similar happen?
Cheers, Elliot
KaptKaos
Obviously the car is defective. I'll drive up and take that for you. biggrin.gif
toon1
Yea that car sucksssss! I will take it off your hands,LOL

The pump are designed to run for three seconds and quit if the engine is not running. It's a saftey feature.

But it your case, it's the car, can I have it!!??
Elliot Cannon
You bozos thought it was the other one didn't ya? They both need fuel pumps now!!
KaptKaos
Ok, fine. I'll take the black one I guess.... av-943.gif
swl
No bad choices trying to nick one of your cars!

I doubt that dry for only a few weeks would hurt it unless it built up heat before it had fuel to cool it. I doubt that though - maybe in a high pressure diesel fuel pump but not on a carb pump. Have you given it a little tap to get it going? Confirmed power to the pump?

OT: That's a real interesting wheel brake combo on the black car. Is there a thread on that anywhere?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.