Full Version: Look what I found!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ghost
At least its not BUILT out of a 914.
Was built out of a very derserving VW.
1827 miles since build in 1981.
All the options.
Super cool, and it dont drive half bad!
I drove it a little and people, heh blink.gif , people they thunk it wuz one of dem Furraries.
I only post it because I know there are few people who like checkin this stuff out.
Cool. . .
Robert O
914ghost
Cool... woulda fooled me going the other way at 60!
EdwardBlume
Bradley GT?

With the hearse.... I send my regards. idea.gif
steve@ottosvenice.com
Kelmark Gt
rhodyguy
in the 70's i wanted one of them. the glass work on them is pretty good.

kevin
Hawktel
Kelmark GT.

They made those kinda interesting. It had the ability to be built as midengined. I think they even had a tube frame builder that would make them midengined. The trunk could be setup to be behind the seats in the rear engined ones, or in the way back for the midengined ones.

If I had alot of time and bordom on my hands, I'd find one and make it work right. Much cheaper than trying to get a real Dino.
mskala
Where was that pic taken, a nudist funeral home? bootyshake.gif
URY914
One magazine took one and put a supercharged big block in it and tried to 200mph in it.

Fun.

Paul
ChrisFoley
I'd rather have one of these, and is a 914!
Gint
Me too! What exactly is that kit Chris?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 16 2004, 12:14 AM)
Me too! What exactly is that kit Chris?

It's an Eagle GT. I got the pictures back in the 80's. Never seen one for real. Someone was selling the molds a year or so ago, IIRC. Maybe I saw that on the PP board?
Brad Roberts
The moulds are here in San Jose.

Chris,

I'll be free tomorrow morning to call you regarding the stubs we need and the axles. I might also want to stock 1-2 headers and feature your product on the new website.

B
Gint
That one looks good. It's not "huge" like a lot of the kits.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 16 2004, 12:36 AM)
The moulds are here in San Jose.

Chris,

I'll be free tomorrow morning to call you regarding the stubs we need and the axles. I might also want to stock 1-2 headers and feature your product on the new website.

B

Call me at this #: 860 647 8719

Guess I'd better get busy.

I've been trying to find time to start fabbing all stainless Phase 9's (I'll come up with a new name for them) and get P Weber out of the picture completely.
Brad Roberts
Yep. From what I gather.. Pete had nothing to do with the orginal design. I even found the guy who supplies all the flanges to Pete (he brings his 951 track car to HPH for tuning/service.) It appears Michael Stimson had a LOT to do with the header design and worked very closely with Bob Garretson in testing and design. From some of the first ones I have seen... you have come along a way in making them MUCH better than the 1st gen versions.

B
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 16 2004, 12:49 AM)
Yep. From what I gather.. Pete had nothing to do with the orginal design.

Pete pays a substantial royalty to the widow of Bill Beekhuis, the original designer, for every piece he makes.
I don't feel obligated to stick with that deal. My intent is only to sell them with my systems, not undercut Pete.
I believe the Phase 9 is currently the weak point in my product, due to the very thin mild steel spun cones.

More on topic, here is the last pic I have of the Eagle GT:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.