Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunday Drivers...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
Sunday is my birthday... and I want to celebrate with a little cruise down Mulholland.

Anybody up for it?

Let's say 9:00 AM?

Quick Edit for new location: Meeting at In N Out Burger in Moorpark (off New Los Angeles Ave). Planned route to be announced... but most likely going up Balcom and back down Decker Canyon.

C:>
ahdoman
Wish I could Carlos. I'm waiting on brake parts to show up.

BTW - Happy Birthday!
Eric_Shea
I'm waiting on brake parts to show up.

Never know... if we can get you off your lazy rep @$$ on Saturday you might make it! biggrin.gif

Ready to ship and the rotors will be done tomorrow. I'll make an effort to pick them up, box them up and drop them off at Uncle Sam's Postal Spot. They should be there Friday or Saturday. Might have to use old pads though... sad.gif

PM me your full address so I can invoice and ship.

Carlitos Way
Great! Another satisfied Shea customer!!!
ahdoman
Well, I wasn't going to say who I was waiting on because Eric has been so great with everything and I didn't want to tarnish his image. But, since it's out in the open... ship my stuff so I can go play with Carlos!
KaptKaos
I "might" be available. I need to check with the misses and see if we have stuff planned for Sunday. Might be some kid stuff I need to do.
dw914er
how far is that from redlands...

i would like to go if it is nearby, but im not sure if the porsche will be back from the shop
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Mar 25 2008, 01:53 PM) *

Sunday is my birthday... and I want to celebrate with a little cruise down Mulholland.

Anybody up for it?

Let's say 9:00 AM?

Sunday is my birthday too!! biggrin.gif Where are you planning this drive? And how far is it from the San Jose area? I will definitely be there if it's not too long of a drive from here. Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
Maltese Falcon
Happy B'day Carlos. Cruise on out to Willow Springs and watch us play at big track.
And thanks for the T4 cooling fan...got it all done on time !
Mulholland and the Rock Store on Sunday is all good smile.gif
Marty
Eric_Shea
ship my stuff so I can go play with Carlos!

Yes Sir! biggrin.gif
Carlitos Way
Wow! Talk about customer service and responsiveness!!!

It would be great if you could make it Steve.

Also... I PM'd you.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Mar 25 2008, 09:01 PM) *

I "might" be available. I need to check with the misses and see if we have stuff planned for Sunday. Might be some kid stuff I need to do.

Wife has a baby shower to go to, which means I get to watch the kids. I thought that there was something this weekend.
TedK
If I show proof of ownership for the 914, can I bring the 911 instead? I figure I will be driving the 914 sometime next year.
Carlitos Way
I'm not picky. Just an excuse to go! smile.gif
TedK
Where are you guys meeting up?
gary gartner

Well there is no apparent conflict with F1, of LMAS
so it looks doable, for me--
I'll check the schedule when I get home, and let ya know.

I did enjoy the Box Canyon run last time, driving.gif

Thanks
Gary

BMITCHELL
Village coffee roaster in Calabasas(sp) , Should be lots of euro trash since it's the last Sunday of the month.
Carlitos Way
Darn it. I forgot about those guys!

Last time there was some question about taking that drive. Would you guys rather hit Decker Canyon and/or Balcom Canyon?
2-OH!
Carlos:

Man I would love to do that drive again, but I am flying out that day on business...I'll do it twice next time...

2-OH!
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(gary gartner @ Mar 26 2008, 10:55 AM) *

Well there is no apparent conflict with F1, of LMAS
so it looks doable, for me--
I'll check the schedule when I get home, and let ya know.

I did enjoy the Box Canyon run last time, driving.gif

Thanks
Gary

Yeah. Box Canyon and Santa Susana Pass make for a nice drive... just a little short...
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Mar 25 2008, 10:59 PM) *

Happy B'day Carlos. Cruise on out to Willow Springs and watch us play at big track.
Marty

Marty!

Glad to hear from ya. I don't think I'll be making Willow Springs... at least not this time.

What's going on over there? Are you racing or just watching?

BMITCHELL
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Mar 26 2008, 11:59 AM) *

Darn it. I forgot about those guys!

Last time there was some question about taking that drive. Would you guys rather hit Decker Canyon and/or Balcom Canyon?

Balcom sounds good to me in that it is in my backyard so to speak. We could meet at the Cactus Patch Cafe on High Street in old Moorpark. Balcom ends up in Santa Paula and we could then go south on the 126 to Fillmore and take the old road (Rte 23)over the mountain and back to moorpark. Or vice/versa.
OR take Mullhulond and when or if the Chp stop us we will tell them it"s your Birthday Drive.
Carlitos Way
I think that's a nice drive. Balcom has some higher speed flat areas... and then it goes into a mountain road. Last I knew, the road was washed up in a few areas, similar to Stunt Road, where the traffic is stopped and "one way" for a short stretch.

But if we take Balcom Canyon, we can go into Santa Paula... and then take the 126 as Bob said... and come down the 23 (Grimes Canyon) back towards Moorpark.
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Mar 26 2008, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Mar 25 2008, 10:59 PM) *

Marty

Marty!

Glad to hear from ya. I don't think I'll be making Willow Springs... at least not this time.

What's going on over there? Are you racing or just watching?

Willow (big track) is having the POC Triple Crown deal Sat/Sun, and we will be running our 2.0 CI car . There will also be wheel to wheel racing, and the Red and Orange run groups are awesome. Happy birthday to you Carlos beer.gif
Marty
Carlitos Way
Thanks Marty.

Good luck!

(And that's a SWEET looking car)

C:>
Carlitos Way
Please note new meeting location in original post.

IN N OUT Burger on New Los Angeles Avenue, in Moorpark.

9:00 AM Sunday AM
Carlitos Way
Just a friendly reminder/bump... driving.gif

Let's go driving-girl.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.