Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Periodicals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
I was traveling for work (again) today and as I often do stop in the news stand at the airport to pu a mag or two.
Usually bike mags but today a car rag caught my eye.
the reason was it had a sunflower yellow 914 on the cover smile.gif
"Sports & Exotic Car" a Hemmings publication
I used to subscribe to VW & porsche back in the day then that turned into
European Car but since its latest update...I stpopped buying it. Too much focus on
all newest models and little vintage or project coverage.
Besides Excellence this looks like a good one. aktion035.gif
The artical was a camparo between a /6 and a dino screwy.gif
Anyone else see this ?
jonferns
Haven't seen it yet. I saw that this month's issue of VW Trends has an article on a 914/6
Gary
I'm a subscriber - pretty good rag. Not a lot of periodicals left that do a good job on a variety of ferin sports cars.

Dino vs. 914/6. Not a comparison I think I would have made, but pretty fair coverage.
jaminM3
I am a subscriber also and so far I like it very much. It isn't too big either. I get 5 mags and I am falling behind..
70Sixter
QUOTE(Gary @ Mar 27 2008, 10:20 AM) *

Dino vs. 914/6. Not a comparison I think I would have made, but pretty fair coverage.

Agree. 916 was s'posed to be Dino competition.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, but the fact that they did the comp with just a 914-6 and the 6 performed well. I agree with them on the article in many parts. You don't buy a Dino because of its' performance. You get a 914-6 if you want that from the era. However, you get the Dino for a show piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.